Valentinas capsule.

Shania_L

So I heard the other day that the London Science museum has put on one of its temporary displays until March next year featuring the early Soviet space program as its theme.

I really hope to get down there at some point myself as they have managed to get some hardware on loan from Star City, including Valentina Tereshkovas Vostok 6 capsule, Voshkod 1 and a proposed one man Lunar lander LK-3.

I dont know if anyone here has already been in, or if anyone is planning to go soon, and I couldnt see a thread about it already but this looks to be quite an opportunity without having to go all the way to Russia!

I hope that I can go to London before the exhibit closes, as that stuff usually sits in the Energia museum (Which literally doesn't even have plastic casing around the Vostok 1 capsule...), and that museum is pretty crappy and not worth going to Moscow for.

Also LK-3 was not proposed, it was going to be flown with cosmonauts but all 4 N1 flights failed and the L3 program was mothballed.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I forgot to post a follow up. The exhibition is incredible and well worth a day trip to London. Unfortunately no photography is allowed, so I can't post anything. But if you can't go, I highly recommend the official book that accompanies the exhibition. It's available online from the Science Museum gift shop:

https://www.sciencemuseumshop.co.uk/home/books/cosmonauts_birth_of_the_space_age.htm

It's quite expensive at £30, but it's a big fat book and contains excellent photos of all the exhibits, plus loads of background info. Put it on your Christmas list :wink:

o\ I make one post about a museum exhibit and you lot try to use it to get Val married!!

However being proposed to under a lunar lander would def get a yes from me :) .... especially if it was on the Moon at the time :)

On topic, I have managed to make arrangements to get to London some time in November, I'm so looking forwards to it!

@ _Augustus_. The LK-3 never flew, it was intended to be used therefore it was a proposed lander. Proposed/Intended its a semantics thing, same meaning different word.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.