A really weird bug...

Branjoman

So, I was creating a battle between two fighters, and when I brought the winner in for a landing, it blew up in a huge fireball, killing the pilot (The plane was a little damaged, but really? :confused:). However, when I went back to the capsule of the other fighter - it had survived, how ironic :sticktongue: - this is what I saw:

http://imgur.com/a/nVM0o

I can see this is a bug, but why does this happen?

A very similar bug has been reported before (back in 0.24) when you crash a ship with crew-carrying parts near to another ship that has crew-carrying parts, e.g. create a simple vessel using a mk1-2 pod on the launchpad. Create a simple plane. Fly the plane and crash it as close as possible to the vessel on the pad. Assuming the plane is destroyed the focus will switch to the vessel on the launch pad but the IVA from the plane will be superimposed on the Mk1-2 pod and the pilot of the plane will show up as a blank portrait.

As for "why" it happens, that would be a question for the devs rather than any normal forum member but, given it appears to still be present, they probably don't explicitly know "why" or they would most likely have fixed it by now...

Also, the MIA thing only seems to happen when the vessels have the same kind of crew carrying part and it is the first crew part on each vessel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.