New Seattle - Circular Space Station, 302 Crew, Fully Docked Together!

Jimbimbibble

Built in 26 launches, this station has a mass of 301,000kg, with 320 parts and a crew capacity of 302. It rotates at 35deg/s to simulate sea level gravity (using the Persistent Rotation mod to keep the station pointed at the Sun and rotating through timewarp). All the docking ports are actually connected! Call it luck or skill, but somehow I managed to align everything and make this work. Enjoy! :)

BoFZDxG.png

faiXJ9J.png

k0WqxBU.png

owmPsYj.png

gSpiwqH.png

OIXNeCu.png

a0cYZju.png

Edited by Jimbimbibble

• 3 weeks later...
This was in sandbox. Turns out, it's hard to fly up 302 kerbals when they start costing 10 Million a piece!
Hmmmm... have you tried to shuttle them up in smaller groups...

I don't think Jimbimbibble was talking about the cost of sending up 302 kerbals. Although 302 at one time would be pretty expensive, I believe he is talking about the fact that each additional kerbal you add to your space program costs more to hire in the astronaut complex. In my career mode, I think I've got around 12 or 15 kerbals, and the next one would cost me ~1 Million just to have available for use.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.