i got EVE today...

Twinky827

EVE is on steam?

I don\'t play...but I might be willing. I tried before and I basically fell asleep.

I\'m assuming that\'s because I had no one to play with and there was just way too much presented at the start. Totally lost, didn\'t know what to do = bored

Twinky, did your help request thread on the subject get deleted?

If so, are you still experiencing problems?

I believe he is. I tried working with him one on one and we didn\'t get anywhere :l

Re-installed .NET 4 framework,

tried to update drivers on his Radeon 6630 gpu (their up to date), and nothing is available to roll back to

reinstalled EVE a couple of times

EVE patcher/fixer tool didn\'t work

I think we did a few other things but I can\'t remember...

I hate EVE like nothing else, you can never make enough ISK through any method, skills take eons to learn, ships and cool stuff takes ages to get, you need £15 to play it for 1 month, and more importantly, irrespective of what alliance you are in, they WILL kick you in the ass and will/may betray you

also, dont think battleships are more superior, they aren\'t, which really annoys me

projectile and hybrid weapons are superior to everything else...thats a b!tch

and BEWARE GATECAMPERS...it is the most noobed and rage-inducing way of making money ever in the history of gaming!

lastly, i am never going to play EVE again regardless of what CCP do, and no other person will ever convince me!

I hate EVE like nothing else, you can never make enough ISK through any method, skills take eons to learn, ships and cool stuff takes ages to get, you need £15 to play it for 1 month, and more importantly, irrespective of what alliance you are in, they WILL kick you in the ass and will/may betray you

also, dont think battleships are more superior, they aren\'t, which really annoys me

projectile and hybrid weapons are superior to everything else...thats a b!tch

and BEWARE GATECAMPERS...it is the most noobed and rage-inducing way of making money ever in the history of gaming!

lastly, i am never going to play EVE again regardless of what CCP do, and no other person will ever convince me!

You really don\'t get the point of the game, do you?

Of course the cool stuff requires time to train. You don\'t expect that on the first day in the army, you get to command an aircraft-carrier, derp around in a submarine and launch nukes at shit, do you? Flying a Titan might take more that a year of training, but it is basically a mobile space station, where other ships can dock in, and have backup and jump clones in.

You don\'t have to pay 15 pounds per month, if you can make, and spare 400 million Isk per month, you can buy it in-game.

Alliances can\'t betray you, because you can\'t be in an alliance. You can be in a corporation, what can be in an alliance, but the alliance has no power over the corporations, so no power over you.

And of course battleships aren\'t superior, why would they be? Battleships are fleet ships, and are weaker without the support of a fleet. If you want a good ship, settle with a battlecruiser, and max out your skills for it, and put good equipment on it. A maxed out battlecruiser can take a lesser battleship out. And don\'t forget that battleships have huge cannons, and therefore have a hard time hitting small targets, such as frigates, so a bunch of frigates can also take a battleship out, if they work together.

And regarding making Isk, you can make enough fairly easily. If you go mining, invest some money in it. Don\'t expect to make millions per day in a mining frigate, but in vest some money for a small mining barge, with strip miners, and you can easily get a million per load.

And don\'t forget, the higher the risk, the higher the reward. If you go out in lowsec, you might run into some rats, and if you manage to kill them, they might have some nice loot on them. If you manage to take out a player, you get some of his equipment that he had, and the items in his cargo.

Also, every type of turret has it\'s strengths and weaknesses, for example, hybrids and railguns are strong in PvE, while if you\'re doing fleet battles, they are next to useless. And for example, the strength of an energy turret is that you don\'t need ammo, but it takes it\'s energy from the capacitor. There is no real best weapon. If you train the required skills, and use it in the effective range, you can do good damage with every type of turret.

Please don\'t run around and share your experiences with others when they are factually inaccurate.

i do get the point and i refuse to be proved wrong!

so lemmie flag things up

Of course the cool stuff requires time to train. You don\'t expect that on the first day in the army, you get to command an aircraft-carrier, derp around in a submarine and launch nukes at shit, do you? Flying a Titan might take more that a year of training, but it is basically a mobile space station, where other ships can dock in, and have backup and jump clones in.

im not just talking about titans here, you need to wait 4 DAYS to research just spaceship frigates, and considering the prerequisites for decent parts in which you actually stand even with players, it can take MONTHS

You don\'t have to pay 15 pounds per month, if you can make, and spare 400 million Isk per month, you can buy it in-game.

i attempted this on my mere 3 months, even as a corp member, i only gathered less than EIGHTH of that amount

Alliances can\'t betray you, because you can\'t be in an alliance. You can be in a corporation, what can be in an alliance, but the alliance has no power over the corporations, so no power over you.

ok, CORPS can betray you, and they defy what corps are for...HELPING OTHERS AS A COMMUNITY how else can i explain what happened when they refused help i vitally needed...and then booted me with all my stuff in their system

And of course battleships aren\'t superior, why would they be? Battleships are fleet ships, and are weaker without the support of a fleet. If you want a good ship, settle with a battlecruiser, and max out your skills for it, and put good equipment on it. A maxed out battlecruiser can take a lesser battleship out. And don\'t forget that battleships have huge cannons, and therefore have a hard time hitting small targets, such as frigates, so a bunch of frigates can also take a battleship out, if they work together.

so if battleships aren\'t superior, i just wasted 3 weeks of skill-making......THANKS FOR NOTHING!

And regarding making Isk, you can make enough fairly easily. If you go mining, invest some money in it. Don\'t expect to make millions per day in a mining frigate, but in vest some money for a small mining barge, with strip miners, and you can easily get a million per load.

yeah right! before it was destroyed by a noobed gatecamper, i had a strip miner with 2 strip mining turrets, I only got half a million per load....AND BEAR IN MIND I HAVE TO GET 400MIL TO CONTINUE PLAYING

And don\'t forget, the higher the risk, the higher the reward. If you go out in lowsec, you might run into some rats, and if you manage to kill them, they might have some nice loot on them. If you manage to take out a player, you get some of his equipment that he had, and the items in his cargo.

oh god where do i see flaws here?!

[list type=decimal]

[li]GATECAMPERS...WHY....they populate low-sec everywhere, and when you run into even one, your fate is sealed[/li]

[li]low-sector space has rare ores...SO WHAT?! they are even less profitable than more common ones![/li]

[li]I requested help(when they refused) because i lost my only battleship to a battlecruiser which had (wait for it) OVERPOWERED AUTOCANNONS, call him a rat if you like, i died because of just him![/li]

Also, every type of turret has it\'s strengths and weaknesses, for example, hybrids and railguns are strong in PvE, while if you\'re doing fleet battles, they are next to useless. And for example, the strength of an energy turret is that you don\'t need ammo, but it takes it\'s energy from the capacitor. There is no real best weapon. If you train the required skills, and use it in the effective range, you can do good damage with every type of turret.

all turrets require capacator energy to use!

lasers have extremely crap damage and the only way to get a decent amount of damage is in faction crystals....but they are bloody expensive and dont last forever

missiles require a lock-on and FoF missiles have crap damage

blasters have crap range...end of

projectile turrets are OP...especially autocannons equipped by gatecampers

railguns are just crap

You really don\'t get the point of the game, do you?

Please don\'t run around and share your experiences with others when they are factually inaccurate.

oh please, if i was innacurate, then you will be proving the corp that betrayed me wrong, and they are supposed to be pros that played for YEARS

i played for 3 months until the events happened

how long did YOU play?

and face it, unless CCP actually learn something from valve and remove microtansactions and other crap that makes it crap (which is damn unlikely) i will NEVER PLAY EVE AGAIN!

1237917779613a.jpg

Well, dying quickly and being betrayed is a very likely thing to happen. If you had a strong ship and knew you could win, you betray somebody too, right? I recommend only trying EVE if you are going to be super serious about it. I tried it on a trial, and MANY people told me that EVE became more of a job then a game. I was killed, robbed from, and had no idea how to play until I read a couple guides. It takes time, and EVE has quite the learning curve.

[mod]EvE is by no means an easy game to play. It is quite ruthless. You are welcome to enjoy, or not enjoy playing the game, but please lets stay away from flame wars over it. This is not the spot for personal rants about what you think is wrong with X Y or Z game.[/mod]

-snip

HTFU Carebear noob.

EVE insults aside, EVE is very much a hard game and the devs aren\'t going to cuddle you if the big bad gatecamper blew your puny mining frigate up. EVE is a sandbox, you are going to have to grow up and accept that some people will kick sand.

Also:

Sensory_Overload.jpg

EVE is hard.

Only fly what you can afford to loose.

Projectile turrets, missiles and drones don\'t require any cap, still doing damage. FOF missiles do damage like the other missiles, if skilled to 5.

in small scale combat, know your optimal range and the tracking of your guns, and you enemy\'s ones. And never forget the Aggression timer.

And low sec sucks, as quite everyone can be your foe.

[mod]Spearka, the posting of reaction images, especially such large ones, is against the forum rules.[/mod]

[mod]Section 3: Spam A user shall not: Post nonsense, incomprehensible comments, which appear to not just be jargon. A user shall not: Create a Post containing no real content, such as "+1!" or other single word responses. A user shall not: Post reaction images alone.[/mod]

[mod]A hidden link to Planetside2 is not good enough.[/mod]

Do missions while you train the most important combat and fitting skills, you should be at level 4 missions when the skills are trained up, then you\'re ready for PvP. Join a null-sec corporation that is in an alliance with sovereignty, do anomalies in their owned systems for ISK, and if you joined a good alliance, they will have a ship replacement fund (repaying you for your losses in alliance operations) and keeping your wallet filled will be easy. I don\'t remember my wallet going below 500m ISK this month and I play only ~5 hours weekly with minimal PvE. (doing anomalies I earn around 60m ISK per hour)

Joing EVE-uni would be pretty good - they teach their members the ways of PvP and general game mechanics etc.

Join RvB if you want some frigate-destroyer-cruiser cheap pew pew in high-sec.

Alternatively you could do trading (time-consuming), manufacturing or exploration. You could also be everything, but to do everything properly, it would take a while (read: years) to train.

One thing to note is, EVE is not about doing everything, it\'s about specialization.

It\'s not THAT hard to learn to play, I did when I was what, 14 years old.

BTW, flying a frigate with semi-decent agility, you cannot die to a gate-camp in low-sec unless you\'re trying to. Null-sec is a totally different story though, with interdiction bubbles all over the place, preventing you from warping away.

i do get the point and i refuse to be proved wrong!

so lemmie flag things up

im not just talking about titans here, you need to wait 4 DAYS to research just spaceship frigates, and considering the prerequisites for decent parts in which you actually stand even with players, it can take MONTHS

i attempted this on my mere 3 months, even as a corp member, i only gathered less than EIGHTH of that amount

ok, CORPS can betray you, and they defy what corps are for...HELPING OTHERS AS A COMMUNITY how else can i explain what happened when they refused help i vitally needed...and then booted me with all my stuff in their system

so if battleships aren\'t superior, i just wasted 3 weeks of skill-making......THANKS FOR NOTHING!

yeah right! before it was destroyed by a noobed gatecamper, i had a strip miner with 2 strip mining turrets, I only got half a million per load....AND BEAR IN MIND I HAVE TO GET 400MIL TO CONTINUE PLAYING

oh god where do i see flaws here?!

[list type=decimal]

[li]GATECAMPERS...WHY....they populate low-sec everywhere, and when you run into even one, your fate is sealed[/li]

[li]low-sector space has rare ores...SO WHAT?! they are even less profitable than more common ones![/li]

[li]I requested help(when they refused) because i lost my only battleship to a battlecruiser which had (wait for it) OVERPOWERED AUTOCANNONS, call him a rat if you like, i died because of just him![/li]

all turrets require capacator energy to use!

lasers have extremely crap damage and the only way to get a decent amount of damage is in faction crystals....but they are bloody expensive and dont last forever

missiles require a lock-on and FoF missiles have crap damage

blasters have crap range...end of

projectile turrets are OP...especially autocannons equipped by gatecampers

railguns are just crap

oh please, if i was innacurate, then you will be proving the corp that betrayed me wrong, and they are supposed to be pros that played for YEARS

i played for 3 months until the events happened

how long did YOU play?

and face it, unless CCP actually learn something from valve and remove microtansactions and other crap that makes it crap (which is damn unlikely) i will NEVER PLAY EVE AGAIN!

You\'re right, skills take a while to train, but EVE is not a grindfest (thankfully).

You know, paying for gametime with ISK is pretty stupid. It would make EVE a second, very very poor job:

60m per hour (my current earnings), needing 500m to pay for 1 month of gametime, 1 month = 15 GBP

It would take 8.3 (repeating) hours for me to earn 1 month of gametime, which equals to 1.8 GBP per hour...

CONCLUSION: You\'re better off getting a job in real life and spending that money on game time or ISK.

You should research corps before joining them. Some corps scam their newbies, some corps pay their members, etc.

In EVE, very little skills are 'time wasted' (some of them are: railgun specialization, amarr and caldari drone specialization...). Guess what can take down a battleship gang? A bigger battleship gang. You\'re gonna need that skill sooner than later.

A battleship can shut down a frigate with a single cycle of a heavy neut, and a cruiser with 2-3 cycles.

You never, EVER undock in something you cannot afford to lose. And if you can, you better have it insured, because no one ship lasts forever. You also never go to low-sec with a mining barge, that\'s asking for trouble.

Autocannons are fine (short range big damage), blasters are fine as well (shorter range biggest damage), railguns are fine (you should see a sniper Naga fleet in action), pulse lasers are OP (with scorch ammo - insane DPS projection out to ~80km).

All weapons besides smartbombs, bombs, drones and FoF missiles require lock. Missiles also always hit, although they are rather ineffective. Projectile turrets (autocannons, artillery), bombs and missiles don\'t require capacitor.

I\'ve been playing for 4 years with a 1.5 year break in between (so 2.5yrs technically) and I\'m doing fine. I went into null-sec after getting bored with missioning and am now happily residing in Pure Blind in the Goonswarm and FA systems, doing alliance and corp ops over the weekends, earing some ISK and camping EC-P8R during the week.

I wish I could get back into EVE Online. I have to wait a few months until I get more hours at my job so I can actually afford to play it. :P

But the best part about EVE, (for me anyway) was joining a mining corp, and participating in mining operations. The corp I was in, I dont think it exists anymore sadly. paid pretty good for mining services. They actually paid by the hour. 8)

EVE is a pretty big lonesome world to fly alone in, find some friends. ;)

I wish I could get back into EVE Online. I have to wait a few months until I get more hours at my job so I can actually afford to play it. :P

But the best part about EVE, (for me anyway) was joining a mining corp, and participating in mining operations. The corp I was in, I dont think it exists anymore sadly. paid pretty good for mining services. They actually paid by the hour. 8)

EVE is a pretty big lonesome world to fly alone in, find some friends. ;)

According to some anonymous polls, like 75% of EVE\'s population plays solo. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.