KSP Joystick

Rokmonkey

As a matter of fact, the SpaceNavigators are what the drafters use here at work. Some swear by them, others just stick with good \'ol keyboard and mouse. Personally I never got the hang of those, not that I spent more than 20 minutes using it though!

As for doing all the software side of things, I have that figured out, theoretically. With the Teensyduino, nearly all of the architecture is there already for it. I just have to write a modified HID report, and joystick class that has the right number of axes and buttons (actually it\'s all there, I\'m just picky about what things are called). The awesome part about the Teensy and Teensyduino, is that not only is it easy as hell to code, when using the HID Joystick it shows up as a Joystick in Windows. The major crux is just figuring out what to put where.

I suppose I should actually do the software part first and hook it up the PC. I\'m going to find a great button here in the lab for my stage separation button and show the results.

If you make a joy stick like the one in the OP, for how much would you sell it? That thing is moto.

Couldn\'t say, it all depends on what it costs to actually make it. At the very least I will document it and make the source code open source.

Loaded a basic program onto the Teensy, showed right in windows as a Joystick; it was configurable and everything and worked in KSP. No fancy buttons yet though, but the software side works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.