[CONCEPT] Kopernicus Examples Expanded (KEE)

Sharkman Briton

This is an idea I got from messing around with KopernicusExamples. (Thanks Thomas P!)

The idea is to take the planets Bastion and Hodor, and the star Nemesis, and turn them into a full-fledged planet pack. Not gonna use the Mars planet as I don't think it's very fitting.

What I will do is give Bastion it's own ring system, make Hodor a moon of it, and make Nemesis give off a blue glow. (instead of the same shine as Kerbol)

So far I have some ideas for planets, moons and a komet.

Nemesis

A far off (but close) star, giving off a warm glow, a dangerous, radioactive blue glow, yes, the perfect system to move to! In Kerbal mythology, Nemesis was said to be in a million-year war with Kerbol, which was won by the warlock Jool's army, consisting of the great warrior Tylo, his steed Vall, the twins Bop and Pol, and the magician Laythe. It is also said that the mass lost due to the wounds of the battle was collected by Nemesis and used to form Bastion, king of the gas giants and sworn enemy of Jool. But honestly, who cares? Lets do stuff thats less myths and more SCIENCE!

Yes, I really did make up my own Kerbal mythology based off of wars between Kerbol and Nemesis, I call it the Krusades.

Tartarus

The closest planet of Nemesis, Tartarus was relatively recently (on an astronomical scale) hit by a huge meteorite that stripped off Tartarus's surface, some of the dust flung into space by the impact formed a ring system, the rest formed Tartarus's moon, Hades. Whats left of Tartarus is a hostile, atmosphereless lava world, with scarce 'atolls' of land found in some places.

What it says on the tin.

Hades, moon of Tartarus

This small moon was formed by the same dramatic impact that formed Tartarus's ring system, by analysing the colour of Hades's surface, Astronomers have figured out the colour of Tartarus's former surface, and thus the colour of Tartarus's 'atolls'. Hades looks suspiciously like the innards of a pineapple, as such, the Gastronomical Union says it is urgent to visit this body.

"Gastronomical Union"

Arceni

A dusty world, mostly boring... Or so we think. Recent images have revealed small glaciers dotting Arceni's surface, especially near the equator, this has sparked theories that life may exist beneath the ice.
Yes, I didn't want to have the stereotypical 'Laythe copy' thats essentially Laythe with different landmasses, so I thought of something a little different, a dusty world dotted with small glaciers. I have an idea for an easter egg here.

Frezzar

A cold, yet delicious-looking ice planet, Frezzar has colours similar to everyone's favourite mint ice cream moon. You know who we mean. Frezzar has large stalagmites in some places, giving it a spiky look, Frezzar also has rather uneven terrain, but despite this, the Gastronomical Union declares that a surface sample be taken back from this place some time, for 'analysis' or so they say.
Yes, I tried to think of a planet covered in beautiful blue ice, perfect for ice skating!

Bastion

This gas giant was said to be made from the wounds Nemesis suffered in the war against Kerbol, explaining it's similar colour. Bastion in reality is still awesome, quite larger than Jool with a magnificient ring system, acting as the barycenter for many unique moons.

Yes, I want to put a big ring around Bastion. I like Bastion.

Hodor, moon of Bastion

A red horror of a moon, yet (supposedly) delicious when cooked, preferably by tidal heating from Bastion, the Gastronomical Union says this theory must be tested, and have prepared a special oven for surface samples, so far all they've managed to do with it is melt some ice from Minmus, but they say it will be worth it in the long run... Hopefully, I'm hungry, got any steak? Preferably the stuff that looks like Hodor...
I will make Hodor orbit Bastion, and I might enlarge it a bit.

Nize, moon of Bastion

Nize is a large moon of Bastion, and is a hot mess of a world, all thanks to massive tidal heating due to being the closest moon to Bastion, housing many volcanoes, with lava craters and pools of magma at the top of dead lava-spewers.
Yes, I will make an Io analogue, but I will make it close enough to Bastion to be either in the ring or in a gap. (If I can make a ring gap) I will make it 'snazzy as Io is too!

Lotka, moon of Bastion

Largest moon of Bastion as well as Bastion's solution to the great warrior Tylo, or so the Kerborigine folks say.
Kind of like Ganymede and kind of not like Ganymede, with a blue slate colour, should be interesting.

Krush, Smash and Skratch, moonlets of Bastion

When discovered by Kenny Kerman quite recently, the Kerborigine folks said that "Krush, Smash and Skratch are the menacing Kob-Koblins of Bastion, which worked in unison to summon the Kraken to attack Bop, where it was defeated in a brutal battle with Pol, because the rest of the Jool system was busy feasting over at Laythe's house, jerks, at least invite Bop and Pol!" Hmmm, Kob is part of Korn on the Kob right? Hang on, I got a call... Of course, the Gastronomical Union think this sounds interesting, and want a sample so they can make "PopKo-I MEAN SCIENCE!"
Three little moons with quite close orbits.

Kornet the Komet!

It looks surprisingly like Minmus, and an... Interesting name, to say the least... Whats that?! No! I'm not telling you what the Gastronomical Union thinks!

Those are the ideas I have so far. Of course, I won't be able to make this all by myself, I'm terrible! So I'd love to get some help from the modding kommunity, thanks! I hope you like my idea!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.