Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

40 minutes ago, kleyten said:

i have some issues.. its just not looking like in the videos or the screenshots.. here are some of my screens so you can maybe help me

Main Menu 1

Main Menu 2

Tracking Station

in flight 1

in flight 2

in flight 3

map view in orbit

i hope you can help me to get this like in the videos or the screenshots.

Did you install through CKAN?

1 hour ago, kleyten said:

i installed all 3 mods (eve scaterer and SVE) now without ckan, its still like this in the main menu but ingame its better but not like the pictures...

Go into your GameData and delete the BoulderCo folder

Kley - I feel compelled to point out that the CKAN version is not the most up to date version. There's a link a page or two back to the most recent - I recommend downloading that and installing manually. That said...

1) Scatterer through CKAN is fine. No issues there.

2) Do NOT install EVE through CKAN. SVE has it's own bundled version.

3) Once you have Scatterer installed, drop the contents of the SVE folder that I mentioned above into your GameData folder. This should take care of you... I Hope.

Edit: Link to newest version here: https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/0.5.6

Edited by Shadriss

10 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Kley - I feel compelled to point out that the CKAN version is not the most up to date version. There's a link a page or two back to the most recent - I recommend downloading that and installing manually. That said...

1) Scatterer through CKAN is fine. No issues there.

2) Do NOT install EVE through CKAN. SVE has it's own bundled version.

3) Once you have Scatterer installed, drop the contents of the SVE folder that I mentioned above into your GameData folder. This should take care of you... I Hope.

Edit: Link to newest version here: https://github.com/Nhawks1717/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/0.5.6

THANK YOU! that solved my problem

3 hours ago, kleyten said:

okay emm yeah.. i dont know why but my clouds and stuff are gone.. i installed some contract mods but nothing else.. its just like normal ksp graphics now but the visual mods are still in the ksp gamedata folder

Try it on a clean install.

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Try it on a clean install.

i did, still the same. when i am using scatterer and the normal EVE it works but when i do the installation of yours it didnt work.. i did it like the other guy told me and its not working..

13 minutes ago, kleyten said:

i did, still the same. when i am using scatterer and the normal EVE it works but when i do the installation of yours it didnt work.. i did it like the other guy told me and its not working..

Are you installing SVE on top of the normal EVE?

Edit: Some logs would be helpful as well.

Edited by Nhawks17

26 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Are you installing SVE on top of the normal EVE?

Edit: Some logs would be helpful as well.

no i dont do that, i jsut tried eve to see if this is working.. as soon as i do the installation of your mod (first scatterer and kopernicus, then your SVE folder wth the scatterer eve and stuff) it dosent work

how can i give you logs? there are no errors its just loading the normal graphics

Edited by kleyten

Using the latest SVE and the new Scatterer 0.22, when I went with just plain EVE I didn't have the square cloud textures to the ground or the line above the horizon

Edit: I take that bit about the square cloud textures meeting the terrain back, it does it in EVE too

pKJG2cs.png

Edited by selfish_meme

6 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Using the latest SVE and the new Scatterer 0.22, when I went with just plain EVE I didn't have the square cloud textures to the ground or the line above the horizon

Edit: I take that bit about the square cloud textures meeting the terrain back, it does it in EVE too

pKJG2cs.png

Ok I'll look into this. I haven't messed with the newest version of Scatterer yet.

33 minutes ago, kleyten said:

okay now its working again.. i had to remove RCSBuildAid and CapCom, when i have only 1 of them it will not work, when i uninstall both it works

If you want to send me the logs when those are installed I can look into it. The KSP.log file and the output_log.txt file are what I need. The KSP.log file is in the root folder of your KSP install and you can find the output_log.txt in the KSP_Data folder.

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

For the horizon line, try playing with "viewdirOffset" or something like that in the scatterer UI. Also, your ocean looks a bit blurry from the distance, turn up KSP's built-in graphics settings or force anisotropic filtering and it'll look much sharper.

Edited by blackrack

9 minutes ago, blackrack said:

For the horizon line, try playing with "viewdirOffset" or something like that in the scatterer UI. Also, your ocean looks a bit blurry from the distance, turn up KSP's built-in graphics settings or force anisotropic filtering and it'll look much sharper.

Hmmm... messing with it myself, doesn't seem to change any no matter what setting you change in the UI. Has this been reported to you or is this SVE only?

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Hmmm... messing with it myself, doesn't seem to change any no matter what setting you change in the UI. Has this been reported to you or is this SVE only?

I don't get that horizon line with just scatterer installed, or with EVE, only with SVE