[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

If its a plane, what you need to do use the spacebar to start all engines when the physics kick in on the runway, then right click the engines you want off and Disable The Engine, make sure you have a action group setup to turn them all back on later when you want to use them. Don't throttle up until you have disabled those engines or your going to crash... also there is a auto staging control in MJ on the Accent Guidance screen, make sure it's off just in case.

If its a plane, what you need to do use the spacebar to start all engines when the physics kick in on the runway, then right click the engines you want off and Disable The Engine, make sure you have a action group setup to turn them all back on later when you want to use them. Don't throttle up until you have disabled those engines or your going to crash... also there is a auto staging control in MJ on the Accent Guidance screen, make sure it's off just in case.

There's a far better way to choose which engine to activate when flying a spaceplane : the action groups ;) configure two action groups for your engines, one to toggle your atmospheric engines (one click activates them, next click shutdowns them) and the other to toggle your rocket engines. Then you don't need to use the space bar, just throttle up and activate your atmopsheric engines to take off. When you reach about 20km altitude toggle off your atmospheric engines and activate your rocket engines ;)

Edited by Volcanosf
adding link

how does one turn off autostaging? especially if i am in a spaceplane?

Go to ascent auto pilot. Yes, even though you don't have the ascent autopilot on, the auto-staging will still activate.

Hey volt. I'm an air cadet too. I'm going from Scotland to Wales to RAF Llambedr for annual camp. Nice to see that other cadets on the internet every now and them. It's a small world i guess. :)

It's good to know there's at least one of us out there other than me that doesn't pretend ATC doesn't exist when they're on the internet! Have fun there, haven't been but I'm based at St Athan so I have an idea what it's like. Won't Off-Topic too much here though. :)

Nobody help me? I'm trying to use the maneuver planner, but when I press the execute button it doesn't do anything, it just accelerates and miss the first maneuver

What exactly are you trying to get it to do and around which body? And which version of MJ 2 are you using?

What exactly are you trying to get it to do and around which body? And which version of MJ 2 are you using?

I'm using the maneuver planner for interplanetary travel, if you want more info, I wan't to make a base land on duna.

For landings, so far the only thing I have found that works is to use the map to select your landing site.Typing the numbers in manually don't work. Also the Maneuver planer isn't for landings there is a Landing Guidance AP in the menu use that. As for interplanetary travel I have noticed the MJ 2.0.7 sometimes under burns, if it stops burning before you get a intercept just start burning again slowly on manual till one shows up.

Also in the maneuver planer when you click GO it will lay the new maneuver node, you have to also click Execute Next Node to actually make it perform the burn.

For landings, so far the only thing I have found that works is to use the map to select your landing site.Typing the numbers in manually don't work. Also the Maneuver planer isn't for landings there is a Landing Guidance AP in the menu use that. As for interplanetary travel I have noticed the MJ 2.0.7 sometimes under burns, if it stops burning before you get a intercept just start burning again slowly on manual till one shows up.

Also in the maneuver planer when you click GO it will lay the new maneuver node, you have to also click Execute Next Node to actually make it perform the burn.

I know manuever planer doesn't work for landing (there is a special tab for that), i just gave you more info. it's just that i press "Execute next node" and it doesn't do anything, it just autowarp and never stops warping, when i turn of autowarp it doesn't work either (i waited until a full orbit was done without warping... And it's a pain in the ass)

For interplanetary transfers its going to warp for a long time, as its waiting for the target planet to get into the right position, if you look at the nav ball there is a timer under the yellow burn bar that tells you how long it has to wait until it starts the burn. Depending on the planets position it can take a while, I had to wait for almost 10 minutes of warping to transfer to jool with it because it was very close to kerbin when I told it to start the transfer.

Also if you're going to use MJ for a transfer to another planet, I recommend having your ship in a 500k+ orbit so MJ can warp at full speed that will help it go faster.

Edited by HGGundamReviews

For interplanetary transfers its going to warp for a long time, as its waiting for the target planet to get into the right position, if you look at the nav ball there is a timer under the yellow burn bar that tells you how long it has to wait until it starts the burn. Depending on the planets position it can take a while, I had to wait for almost 10 minutes of warping to transfer to jool with it because it was very close to kerbin when I told it to start the transfer.

Also if you're going to use MJ for a transfer to another planet, I recommend having your ship in a 500k+ orbit so MJ can warp at full speed that will help it go faster.

Thank you really much!, when i get back to home i will wait a bit longer (and i will make my orbit a bit larger too :P). Thanks for the help and for the tips!

For landings, so far the only thing I have found that works is to use the map to select your landing site.Typing the numbers in manually don't work. Also the Maneuver planer isn't for landings there is a Landing Guidance AP in the menu use that.

-snip-

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. Manually entering coordinates worked brilliantly in 1.9.8 and I would have to see that functionality lost.

I've been holding off trying 2.0 until the major bugs have been sorted. I'll give 2.0.7-28 a go this evening and see what happens.

Just got it last night and tried it today: This was my experience.

Glitch 1. Mechjeb has no background in its menus its just free floating text.

Glitch 2. I found out by enabling fallback shaders it fixes glitch 1. BUT causes cockpit windows to become solid white.

Suggested solution: Get rid of transparent backgrounds for mechjeb menu so fallback shaders aren't required.

Glitch 3. Rendevous module no longer aligns orbits automatically even with autopilot enabled It just sets a marker and does nothing

Just got it last night and tried it today: This was my experience.

Glitch 1. Mechjeb has no background in its menus its just free floating text.

Glitch 2. I found out by enabling fallback shaders it fixes glitch 1. BUT causes cockpit windows to become solid white.

Suggested solution: Get rid of transparent backgrounds for mechjeb menu so fallback shaders aren't required.

Glitch 3. Rendevous module no longer aligns orbits automatically even with autopilot enabled It just sets a marker and does nothing

Glitch 1, if you consider functionality, isn't a glitch, but a wonderful thing/feature. Now, i can click the menus behind one window text, without the need to move those from position. And now you can see the game more, not like before, that all Mechjeb windows obscure the game sadly.

Glitch 3 do not correspond to mine, it not exist. Here it aligns.

Glitch 1, if you consider functionality, isn't a glitch, but a wonderful thing/feature. Now, i can click the menus behind one window text, without the need to move those from position. And now you can see the game more, not like before, that all Mechjeb windows obscure the game sadly.

Glitch 3 do not correspond to mine, it not exist. Here it aligns.

This is not a "wonderful thing/feature". This is what HoochCow is talking about (I think ?...). This is a glitch.

o8Rmdym.jpg

Look MechJeb 2's new semi-transparent windows are a bit controversial. I understand that but this is the glitch I think HoochCow is describing.

This is the glitch I've been chasing for a few days now.