[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Well it kept happening every time I started the game as soon as I started the game after installing the ver -35 dev build. It happened in the 2.0.5 ver as well but was random, I couldn't do anything or control any selected ships because as soon as the models and physics loaded the Orbiting and or Landed on Body would vanish and the game stopped responding to inputs except opening menus and exiting the game and even that froze sometimes.

5 attempts to load the game, 3 complete reboots same results every time. And like I said as soon as I replaced the stable 2.0.7 it worked fine.

Whenever I equip a ship with a mechjeb module, my sound starts to cut out for a fraction of a second, approximately every 5 seconds or so. If I remove the module the problem seems to go away. Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix for it?

Whenever I equip a ship with a mechjeb module, my sound starts to cut out for a fraction of a second, approximately every 5 seconds or so. If I remove the module the problem seems to go away. Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix for it?

It's a known issue called stuttering. As of yet, there's no none way to get rid of it, but as of yet, KSP is not fully optimized. We're still in alpha, so we'll just have to sit back and wait.

what's up with NYAN cat?? Its cool and all i guess but it kinda sometimes gets to me when im doing something "important" , i see NYAN cat and start singing the NYAN song!!!!!! This is NOT GOOD when im docking or trying to get something HUGE off teh ground!!! :P the dude abides!!

what's up with NYAN cat?? Its cool and all i guess but it kinda sometimes gets to me when im doing something "important" , i see NYAN cat and start singing the NYAN song!!!!!! This is NOT GOOD when im docking or trying to get something HUGE off teh ground!!! :P the dude abides!!

You have Romfarer stuff installed. Apparently there was an issue with the Ramfarer gui system, so Duck and Ramon added a little "reminder" to Romfarer to fix it. I'm not sure what the error is, but this solution is pretty funny.

On Mechjeb, Version 2 and 1.9.8 the landing guidance for a space plane doesn't work, i'm on a mac, and when I engage it, it just points directly down and doesn't do anything.
I'm on a Mac too and it works fine. A picture of your Plane could help.

On Mechjeb, Version 2 and 1.9.8 the landing guidance for a space plane doesn't work, i'm on a mac, and when I engage it, it just points directly down and doesn't do anything.

Are you out of atmosphere? Because the space-plane landing guidance only works if your wings have lift in atmos.... I would recommend using rocket-style landing guidance prior to atmospheric landing, and then turn on the space-plane guidance as you enter the atmosphere.

I've been looking at those rainbow windows for days now.... and I NEVER NOTICED the cat head. Yikes, I might need my eyesight checked....

Yeah.. Please dear gods get that fixed. I HATE nyan cat... Almost as much as engi hates spy nyan hoovy....

link to the relevant vids:

for nyan hoovy

for heavy is spy, where I was introduced to the nyan hoovy

I've been thinking about some sort of tool to help you plan gravity assists off planets for interplanetary trajectories. It might happen at some point.

Wonderful possible news!

Whenever I equip a ship with a mechjeb module, my sound starts to cut out for a fraction of a second, approximately every 5 seconds or so. If I remove the module the problem seems to go away.
It's a known issue called stuttering. As of yet, there's no none way to get rid of it, but as of yet, KSP is not fully optimized. We're still in alpha, so we'll just have to sit back and wait.

Since stuttering occurs with MJ installed (and used on a vessel) but not without, it seems to be not exclusively a KSP issue.

these settings in the settings.cfg help some but don't eliminate the sound stutter completely. the short interval is set to 5 in the default settings.cfg.

AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL = 900

AUTOSAVE_SHORT_INTERVAL = 300

I've been thinking about some sort of tool to help you plan gravity assists off planets for interplanetary trajectories. It might happen at some point.

Hey, TheDuck, let me know if I can help here. I've already got the math worked out for flyby targeting, and it's not trivial. I would love to see this in MJ though, so PM me if you're seriously considering this and would like math/astrodynamics support again. :)

Seems the Settings loss is still around. I modified the stock and KSPX command pods to include MechJeb2, only one problem. It wont maintain settings for some reason.

Edit: NM, I think this has to do with modding the settings so you don't lag time.

Edited by Sovek