Lag/stutter at high warp

Hello, all.

At high warp in the map view or the flight view, the game pauses constantly. At max warp, it stops more than once per second. So it zooms along for 1.5 days, pause, 3 days, pause, 2.5 days, pause, and so on, where the pauses are maybe a little longer than the gaps between them. This becomes very painful on long interplanetary trips. On earlier versions, I would see the occasional glitch, but nothing like this. There was a thread about MJ causing lag in the map view, but it didn't appear related. Number of ship parts doesn't seem to be related, nor does the number of objects on rails. CPU is not taxed, other applications are running fine, plenty of free memory. I've tried minor tweaks to render quality, etc., but they did not help (Thank goodness for that--there are limits below which a person must not sink!). I didn't see anything suggestive in the log. I unchecked the "Suck" button and everything, so now I'm stumped.

Any general thoughts about making high warp smoother?

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this?

v. 1.0.4, all mods up to date as far as CKAN is concerned. I've added and deleted mods throughout the time I've been seeing this and it hasn't seemed to change. KSP is taking a little over 2.5GB of RAM.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Perry Apsis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.