Help with Logictech joystick please

I recently bought the Logitech pro 3D joystick to use for KSP. I am at the setting menu under input and I can't figure out how to make the pitch up/down yaw left/right and roll left/right integrate with the joystick. I try holding the stick forward so it will enter it for pitch down but nothing happens. All that can be entered is the buttons on the joystick not the actual joystick function. Can someone please help me out with this. Thank you to all that can help!

Yea you need to bind the joystick to the axis, not buttons. You may have to fiddle around with sensitivity and dead-zones a bit (I had to turn down the roll sensitivity like, all the way). The throttle axis may also have to be inverted if I remember correctly.

Yes, and add at least a small amount deadzone to all the axes, or you'll get a bug where you'll only roll/pitch/yaw right/up.

This is what my settings look like...

jyis8K5.png

You cannot bind buttons to the circled section by the way (I checked just now), which is why I suspect you are looking at the wrong section (such as the pitch/yaw/roll button bindings to the left).

Edited by RocketPilot573

I just fixed mine, I've been so mad I haven't played the game in months, I just can't stand docking or landing with the keyboard! I've had an itch for KSP the last couple of days, so I decided to sit down and figure this out...

So here's what I did, with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro:

1. Close KSP.exe

2. Visit http://support.logitech.com/product/extreme-3d-pro and download the joystick's gaming software (~15mb) Note: If you have another Logitech controller other than the Extreme 3D Pro, browse the site for the software specifically designed for the controller in your possession.

3. Install software and set-up, once installed and the software is running, continue to step 4.

4. In the Logitech Profiler application, select "Select A Game", and "Create new game profile". Using your file browser, find the KSP.exe icon and select it. (It would not show up automatically for me, which could explain why Microsoft Flight Simulators liked my joystick and KSP didn't, this is a logitech auto-detect software inadequacy, not a Squad/KSP bug)

5. Now enter your KSP file folder and delete the "Settings.cfg" file, this will remove any key binding you had previously set, but it's worth it!

6. Ensure your Logitech Profiler is running, close all windows, and run KSP.exe

7. In KSP.exe, go to Settings -> Input -> Flight. On the right side column, you should now be able to assign Axis Bindings, which will enable you to control spaceships(And Planes) with a Logitech 3D!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.