Apollo Mission Recreation (And More!) [Requesting Ground Crew Aid!]

ZooNamedGames

[quote name='CliftonM']I've hacked my KSP install to run 64 bit on Mac. (It's a downgrade from x86) It runs a lot faster now, and is still very stable.[/QUOTE]

Any chance of teaching me to hack my windows KSP x64 work?

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='CommanderSonic']You should totally do this, Neil, Buzz, and all the other Apollo astronauts would be proud.:)[/QUOTE]

Amongst many many others :) . Gene Kranz would be prouder.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Any chance of teaching me to hack my windows KSP x64 work?

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Amongst many many others :) . Gene Kranz would be prouder.[/QUOTE]
Maybe. I could figure it out probably. I had to change the server port to 6703.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Awesome, thanks and noted.[/QUOTE]
Let me download a windows install and work on it. Also check this out: [url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround[/url]

Also, when you change out these files, do it on a new install, then get RO after running lots of tests. There will be some visual bug, and you should read through the entire thread.

[quote name='CliftonM']DMP server is working and has mods added. Will not work if you don't use CKAN.[/QUOTE]

Which mods- and why does CKAN matter? What if I install the mods manually? CKAN is an [I]external[/I] application. It has no effect on the game itself.

I'd like to get more attention by pitching this to both Kasper and Scott Manley [I]at the same time.[/I] Now Kasper will be easy, if he sees the backing, he may be able to do something for us if there's a possibility. To get Scott Manley's attention, we will need more attention, specifically, in one burst. The plan is to send a bunch of Twitter tweets to him at one time since he frequently uses Twitter.

I will begin sending messages out on Friday, which means I will need like 50 people on Twitter to quote my tweet to him, respond to my tweet, whatever, but do something which will send him notifications. This isn't a hard to do event, and if you do it once, then your done... Unless you want to go further. So this should work for most people. So please please help!

Reminder, T-4D,15H,22M,36S to ignition of Saturn Gemini 1.

[quote name='Dman979']I have not received a working Saturn I from our LMP. I think the file I got was corrupted.[/QUOTE]

Worst case scenario, we use the S1B variant.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Which mods- and why does CKAN matter? What if I install the mods manually? CKAN is an [I]external[/I] application. It has no effect on the game itself.[/QUOTE]
It is because of the directories. You could do it manually, but you risk having it in the wrong directory. I think it should work even if it is in the wrong one, but I want to eliminate the possibility of issues.

[quote name='CliftonM']It is because of the directories. You could do it manually, but you risk having it in the wrong directory. I think it should work even if it is in the wrong one, but I want to eliminate the possibility of issues.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. You made CKAN sound far more important than it needs to be, but I understand the desire to remove possible problems.

[quote name='Dman979']Speaking of publicity, is there any way we could get a logo, sig banner, and mission patch for this? I'd like to put something in my sig.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I'm not good with graphic design though.

If you need help in that department... let me know. I might be able to come up with something...

Example of my latest challenge sig pic:

[CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CS2qWdS.png?2[/IMG][/CENTER]

Then there's my logo in the sig as well...

[quote name='Dman979']Speaking of publicity, is there any way we could get a logo, sig banner, and mission patch for this? I'd like to put something in my sig.[/QUOTE]

Agreed agreed.

[quote name='adsii1970']If you need help in that department... let me know. I might be able to come up with something...

Example of my latest challenge sig pic:

[CENTER][url]http://i.imgur.com/CS2qWdS.png?2[/url][/CENTER]

Then there's my logo in the sig as well...[/QUOTE]

Keep it Apollo authentic if at all possible and moreover, whatever you make we'll use/feature here and in our sigs. It's not like there's much competition and even there was, it would take a serious wash of submissions before I'd not feature it at least. I'm the kind of guy, if you make ANYTHING for me, I'll want to show it off, and not for me, but as a way of saying thank you to the creator. Look at the KMC, aside from the anthem everything is personally made for the KMC.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']Agreed agreed.

Keep it Apollo authentic if at all possible and moreover, whatever you make we'll use/feature here and in our sigs. It's not like there's much competition and even there was, it would take a serious wash of submissions before I'd not feature it at least. I'm the kind of guy, if you make ANYTHING for me, I'll want to show it off, and not for me, but as a way of saying thank you to the creator. Look at the KMC, aside from the anthem everything is personally made for the KMC.[/QUOTE]

Ok, which Apollo mission? All used Roman Numerals but 11, and that was strategic. There was no Apollo II (for a strategic decision as well). Each mission patch highlights a different aspect of the missions in the series. Let me start by asking this since there were up to 10 different colors in each design (the embroidery machines used by NASA in the 1960s could only handle up to ten colors...) Any suggestions before I dive in on this?

[quote name='adsii1970']Ok, which Apollo mission? All used Roman Numerals but 11, and that was strategic. There was no Apollo II (for a strategic decision as well). Each mission patch highlights a different aspect of the missions in the series. Let me start by asking this since there were up to 10 different colors in each design (the embroidery machines used by NASA in the 1960s could only handle up to ten colors...) Any suggestions before I dive in on this?[/QUOTE]

Well let's start with a program patch for the entire project. I'm thinking someone which shows the essence of people, and also the great achievements we will make.

As to the mission patch, our mission is to simply orbit Earth for a short duration and then return. We probably will also dock with the Agena. Current mission name is SG-1 (for Saturn Gemini mission 1).

About Monday's mission:
I need to discuss important points of the mission with the relevant members, especially I need to have a mission duration, flight plan and resources on board, so that I can set up a detailed plan for the crew.

Also, are EVAs even possible on an Apollo or Gemini mission, considering the resources and equipment that astronauts have ?
If yes, then I would like to set up an EVA for one of the mission members during the Gemini mission. If ever there was a problem that only an EVA repair could fix during the mission to the Moon, even though highly unlikely, I would like to have the crew as prepared as they can be, for any situation.

I'll try to hang out on the Steam group chat more often, so that we can talk more easily about these things.

EDIT: I need to discuss these things especially with EECOM, FIDO and Retro. I would also like to talk to the crew-members about the EVA: I would like to have CMP do the EVA(s) but we have none so far, so another crew-member would have to do it. Edited by Gaarst

[CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7OnRDew.png?1[/IMG][/CENTER]

Artwork for the proposed program patch... Comments?

It still needs some tweaking, but it is a good place to start... Edited by adsii1970

[quote name='adsii1970'][CENTER][URL]http://i.imgur.com/AlDo5yS.png?1[/URL][/CENTER]

Artwork for the proposed program patch... Comments?

It still needs some tweaking, but it is a good place to start...[/QUOTE]
Looks good.

Also you might want to change it to Earth...

[quote name='CliftonM']Looks good.

Also you might want to change it to Earth...[/QUOTE]

Can be done... so, Earth, change to Moon instead of Kerbin's two moons...
Everything else ok?

[quote name='adsii1970']Can be done... so, Earth, change to Moon instead of Kerbin's two moons...
Everything else ok?[/QUOTE]
Everything else looks good. I'm excited to have an official patch!