Milestone Award for the Island Airbase??????

Just Jim

First off, has anyone else playing a new career game been watching their milestone awards? You can see them with the little contract button in the top right corner. There are all sorts of new ones, and one I got today was quite a surprise.

Today I finished the early career grind and finally got to making some jets with the new engines. And came up with a couple decent ones; one of which I flew over to the old island airbase.

And much to my surprise, I got a milestone award for "finding an old airbase on an island", or something to that effect.

Makes me seriously wonder if there are milestone awards for finding other cool stuff.

I have a hunch that just means finding the anomalies that most of us already know all about anyway :\

Low expectations lead to pleasant surprises though! xD

There are milestones that do not involve general progression or any anomalies. "Hidden fun stuff" is a pretty apt description. ;)

I have a hunch that just means finding the anomalies that most of us already know all about anyway :\

Low expectations lead to pleasant surprises though! xD

I'm sure I'm not alone in this; I'm aware of the anomalies, but I can't say I've ever found any. This might be an incentive to go looking for them!

There are - the release notes specifically state so. To quote:

"* Many milestones added that involve the player doing hidden fun stuff."

Ahhhh, I went back and read the change log.

Hidden Fun stuff.....

So this may involve more than just finding Easter Eggs???

I like the sound of that.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this; I'm aware of the anomalies, but I can't say I've ever found any. This might be an incentive to go looking for them!

I found an anomaly, or more of a glitch. On the KSC peninsula, I found a spot where all my instruments said it was tundra, even though it was on the equator and about 5 km from KSC.

"Hidden fun stuff"? Does that mean we should be developing a really strong militia before we start mining for adamantine?

However big a militia you build, eventually something will reach the fuel storage tanks, and then all of your Kerbals will die in the remains of the !!KSC!!.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.