List of Milestones/World Firsts?

So I realize that Squad is proud of their "hidden fun stuff" and I also appreciate that there's a new strategy that lets you play career mode without being at the mercy of a random contract generator.

However, I'm a little uneasy at the idea of making major investments to play how i want to play, without knowing for sure if my objectives will actually yield a reward.

I can imagine that landing on a planet for the first time will likely pay for itself (mroe so with the strategy) but will building a base? will mining my first 10k units of ore grant a milestone?

Anyone have a lsit, comprehensive or otherwise? And if not, shall we start one here?

I've gotten rewards for flying by celestial bodies, orbiting them, having unstable orbits around them (ie descent), landing on them, transmitting science from them, leaving them, returning to Kerbin from them, docking around them, EVA in space and on them. So stations and mining from them should be there.

..."hidden fun stuff"...

Quite frankly, it's no more hidden than anything else in this game. There's no "grand list" anywhere yet (it's only been a few days), but there's been a couple threads about this already. And many answers which match the one above.

If you're driven to find the hidden stuff, then maybe the motivation there is misguided. The World Firsts and other "hidden stuff" is really just there to give you payoffs while you play. If you're looking for an itemized list of things to check off, that's probably better filled vial the contract system.

Otherwise, yeah. Someone will need to start the list. :)

Thanks! This is exactly what I was hopeing for. where are these stored? I couldnt find them in the archives.

At the bottom of the message pile is the world's first messages, provided you don't delete that message you should be able to pull them up from the messages tab in the top right hand corner of the screen or in the VAB message button. These ones are stitched together for ease of reading but they'll all be scrollable when you click on the blue "worlds first" message tab (you may need to delete messages from the list to see the blue tab).

Bear in mind, that list is what you have found. There isn't a list of what's available, though I imagine you'll spot the trend.

I know as much. I am hopeing eventually to see if there's more to trend though. "First ore extracted, first 10+ kerbal station, etc" and take the reward values from that to see that if it's a reasonable expectation to try to play career mode stock without doing contracts that one might find boring, or repetitive - but still be able to accomplish a play-style that suits the player.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.