Ksp performance improvement/memory crash delay

Weebo

I've noticed, that for some reason KSP causes my GPU's fans to reduce their rpm after prolonged periods of play.

I've referenced my GPU temps with other games "war thunder" "Battlefield 4" "Anno 2205" "Atilla", usually hovering around 60-70 degrees celsius, to KSP running around the same.

Only after an hour of gameplay, my fans on my GPU return to normal operating speeds and my GPUs heat up rapidly to around 90 degrees celsius.

Resulting in massive framerate drops, and KSP Crashing.

So I thought it was odd, I then booted up MSI Afterburner and manually set my GPU's fans to 100%, maintaining a steady GPU temp under 75 celsius.

This resulted in much smoother framerates, no crashes for me, and over all smoother gameplay "4 hours so far" no issues.

I'm running a good bit of memory intensive mods as well.

I know the issue isn't dust build up, or a hot case. I just migrated all my components into a new tower, and cleansed everything of dust 2 weeks ago.

As well as, I have a radiator on top of the case with a liquid loop for the cpu so internal temps are always at a consistent 45degrees celsius.

To the point, maybe something in the coding of KSP causes GPU's to stop their cooling phase?

I noticed that by manually setting my fan speed, KSP performance improved drastically in the long term play.

Would anyone like to test this out?

Has anyone tested this before?

I had great improvements and wanted to share.

:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.