Mk1 Landing Can Broken?

Miro Beero

Is this broken, the landing can
wiki link: [url]http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Mk1_Lander_Can[/url]

does not allow a pilot to command a ship.

I didn't realise this till I flew a ship with a lander all the way to the moon and released it to go land.
The only option I have is to turn on and off the engines. SAS and everything else is disabled.

I have not tested MK2 Landing Can.

I would think a Landing Can - should be able to be landed if it has a pilot.

[quote name='Miro Beero']I didn't realise this till I flew a ship with a lander all the way to the moon and released it to go land.
The only option I have is to turn on and off the engines. SAS and everything else is disabled.[/QUOTE]
That sounds a lot like lack of electric charge and/or a non-pilot kerbal in the lander can.

[quote name='LostOblivion']Did Squad remove reaction wheels from the Mk1 Lander Can in 1.0.5?[/QUOTE]

I dropped one on Duna ten minutes ago.

Other than the fact I fitted it with a scientist and thus couldn't use SAS, it was completely usable. That is to say, it could definitely turn itself.

Including upside down, because apparently I put the chutes on the bottom.

Something I've noticed is that electric charge seems to drain (and replenish) from all available batteries at roughly the same rate, which means that small batteries (like the ones in pods) will drain first and be completely empty even if the ship as a whole has lots of charge available. Check to make sure that your lander had power because without that you won't be able to run your reaction wheels or use SAS.

(Side note: I've gotten into the habit of locking the electric charge on pods and probe cores by default. This leaves them with some amount of reserve power in case I SNAFU on the dark side of a planet or something.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.