Higher-detail ore scanning

[COLOR=#333333]I'm having trouble scanning for ore in Sandbox mode. The M700, to the best of my knowledge, works perfectly. It shows ore concentration on the map as it should. However, after it scans, it automatically transmits its information, yet the tracking center claims that it has no data. Whenever I try again on the spacecraft, it works fine again. I've scanned Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus, each with a separate spacecraft, and none of them work. I've seen a few other threads about similar issues, but they all seem to have been problems like not transmitting the data.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]The other issue, is that the narrow-band scanner and the surface scanner doesn't seem to update anything or be "remembered" in any way. Is there some way to make it remember what I scan with these, or do I just have to try to remember it?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Darekaon'][COLOR=#333333]The M700, to the best of my knowledge, works perfectly. It shows ore concentration on the map as it should. However, after it scans, it automatically transmits its information, yet the tracking center claims that it has no data. Whenever I try again on the spacecraft, it works fine again. I've scanned Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus, each with a separate spacecraft, and none of them work. I've seen a few other threads about similar issues, but they all seem to have been problems like not transmitting the data.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, you're in the tracking station, and you focus on the planet, and you click the tab for showing resources, and then you click the "Ore" button, and then nothing happens? It's off by default, you have to go to the planet [I][U]and[/U][/I] call up the ore UI [I][U]and[/U][/I] activate the "Ore" resource. That last one is the really un-obvious one.

[COLOR=#333333][quote name='Darekaon']The other issue, is that the narrow-band scanner and the surface scanner doesn't seem to update anything or be "remembered" in any way. Is there some way to make it remember what I scan with these, or do I just have to try to remember it?[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

That's right, they don't remember. It's a bummer.

If you'd like functionality like that, the ScanSat mod is a good one and well worth getting. Edited by Snark

Surface scanning do update the overlay. But you have to land in each biome and do the scans, and the overlay won't change by much, due to the low resolution averaging the result over a large area.
You will see a small change in colors, but it's not really useful to really find the hotspots from the tracking station. You'll have to be there yourself and use a narrow-band scanner, AND land in the different biomes to get full result.

I would also love to see the overlay updated with the narrowband results increasing the resolution of the overlay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.