Help starting 1.1

I was working ok with Beta 0.9.  Had some comm sats.. Had a SSTO plane.  I'm on 1.1 now, and as soon as I loaded my previous game, all my stuff exploded.  I figured it was heat issues. However, many of my mods don't work in 1.1.  I had gotten most from this forum, many from Bob Fitch's videos (which I loved). I had spend many hours before prepping my install with everything I thought I'd need.  I've been off KSP for about 5 months now and want to get back in.  Can I get a shortcut to the top mods I would want to use?  I prefer sandbox, as I'll be building some new com sats, then a LKO space station, perhaps a refueling one, and then some stuff to get to Mun and beyond.  Also, I like those mods that help me filter the parts list better, as well as the ones like MechJeb, etc.. I'll be getting myself better educated soon, but I'd love a helping hand to get me started!  I promise to contribute with crafts, stories, etc..!

Thanks!

1.1 is not released yet, so hypothetically the mods wont work with it either... check out which mods of your preference are updated for KSP 1.0.5 in the mod subforum. (hold on I'll get you a link... right here)

inb4 witty/snarky comments

Edited by Yakuzi
linkzoid

I think you mean 1.0.5. 1.1 will probably be out in a couple of months. I play stock so others might be better able to suggest mods. If you're really dependent on them you might step back to 1.0.4 as my understanding is many mods haven't been updated yet for 1.0.5. But yea, a lot has changed since 0.9. Most of the big changes are in the new aerodynamics and heat models. This not only means things will overheat if you go too fast, but you'll also have to think about drag and Mach effects. I recommend starting small at first and feel out the new system. It's challenging, but worth it! A lot of the new changes have created some really fun new dynamics. Good luck!

Edited by Pthigrivi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.