Star Wars Plot Prediction Forum

MajorLeaugeRocketScience

8 hours ago, insert_name said:

I personaly subscribe to the darth jar jar theory, its really well thought out

https://np.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

I too, like Jar Jar theory. The evidence is good, and it would make episode one have a little more importance, at the moment it's fairly skippable. It would make him a lot less annoying to watch,

On 04/12/2015, 23:22:00, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

But seriously, wouldn't he be about 150?

tumblr_inline_nxkkt55EFM1snu0wu_540.png

He could look quite different, which may not be a bad thing plot wise.

What I like about this fanart, is it looks just enough unlike him to not be instantly recognised, but enough for a link to be made. They could introduce a character, being  openly evil and manipulative, reveal his appearance slowly, this way dodging the old hate. Then, having made just enough small parallels to show it could possibly be him, at one point, they confirm his identity with flashbacks, showing clearly just how evil he really was. 

Edited by Tw1

On 4-12-2015 13:22:00, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Watch the Binks Awakens. But seriously, wouldn't he be about 150?

What's wrong with a Star Wars character being 150 years old? Yoda was about 900 years old when Luke met him. I can't remember any reference to Binks' age and/or lifespan. Who says Gungans don't have a similar lifespan?

Palpatine tells Anakin Darth Plagueis the Wise was able to keep people from dying. Darth Binks being a sith lord might have perfected that skill. Palpatine/Sidious himself was already middle aged when he was first introduced and came to power. At the end of Return of the Jedi he was still pretty agile for his advanced age.

On 12/3/2015 9:42:03, Cydonian Monk said:
On 12/3/2015 1:04:50, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I recommend 4, 5, 6.  I doubt that missing the prequels will have too much affect on the new movie.  Also, I don't like the prequels, but that's a personal opinion.

If you haven't started, I reccomend watching them in the following order: Ep 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6. 

Ok I thought yous guys were just trolling me, but when I told a friend I might start knocking out those movies this weekend he also told me to start with 4,5,and 6. Why? I realize that they were released in that order, but now we have the opportunity to watch them in chronological order, why wouldn't you? I already know the story and plot of the series, I've spoiled everything for myself already, and seen bits and scenes from all the movies, I've just never seen any single one of them start to finish 100%.

but why?

EDIT: this new quoting thing is hard, can we bring back the old

brackets?

Edited by r4pt0r

I cannot delete this quote box from Cydonian Monk, neither delete nor backspace will remove it from my reply box. I would really like to see the quote brakets so I can delete it....

17 minutes ago, r4pt0r said:

Ok I thought yous guys were just trolling me, but when I told a friend I might start knocking out those movies this weekend he also told me to start with 4,5,and 6. Why? I realize that they were released in that order, but now we have the opportunity to watch them in chronological order, why wouldn't you? I already know the story and plot of the series, I've spoiled everything for myself already, and seen bits and scenes from all the movies, I've just never seen any single one of them start to finish 100%.

but why?

EDIT: this new quoting thing is hard, can we bring back the old

The first movies were made a complete trilogy, but, in some ways, the prequels rely on some knowledge from 4,5,6.  Plus, IMO, the prequels are nowhere near as good and ruin the characters.

You might be better of watching it in the numbered (not chronological) order. The characters in IV, V & VI are way better. 

Don't know if this is true, but the reason they are out of order is because Lucas wanted to make more films, but only got permission to make one. So right before the release he sneaked the "Episode V" in the title, assuring himself more movies just had to be made. 

2 hours ago, r4pt0r said:
On December 3, 2015 at 9:42:03 AM, Cydonian Monk said:

I cannot delete this quote box from Cydonian Monk, neither delete nor backspace will remove it from my reply box. I would really like to see the quote brakets so I can delete it....

That's how much of an impression I leave - even when folks don't want to quote me they have no choice. ;)

To answer the other question, I prefer the 4,5,1,2,3,6 order because a: The 70s/80s movies are better, and b: It's better story-wise to explain Anakin's history/back-story once you know where he fits in the original trilogy. And 6 after the prequels because of the Emperor, and because the series shouldn't end with that horrid "Nooooo~~~~ooooo" scream.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.