KTP-90 Seahopper.

Here is my take at seaplanes, the KTP-90 seahopper.

Its capable of landing and taking off from land and water and can carry kerbals and rovers and whatever else you can come up with.

Here are some picks of it in action.

Ra527NO.png

To show off the abilites of this aircraft i desided to fly a boat in to the waters near the island airfield.

The bot is loaded up and ready to go.

It ended up being a pretty tight fit, but at least now it wont be bouncing up and down and all around inside the cargobay.

PKP38Jr.png

And we are up. So far so good.

BNtAcRF.png

A little top down view of the aircraft.

I originally had 4 smaller engines on the wings like they would be on the De-Havilland Comet. It worked but they where way too fuel hungry, plus they had overheating issues.

So later on i added the goliath engines on top and the Shuttle engines for use as takeoff boosters when taking off from water.

The design ended up looking a lot like the Beriev Be-200 witch was not intensional but i like the design of it quite alot.

xu0aLqp.png

Almost there.

The landing went very smoothly, noething broke and the boat made it in one piece.

RE0E9wf.png

And here we are then.

Now with the addition off the thrust reversers its easy to unload the boat and also very easy to manouver around in water with the aircraft.

Now there is noething left to do but to takeoff and land and park into the hangar.

QrJfphZ.png

You dont need more than a very short boost from the engines (about 1800 kn of extra thrust from those shuttle engines), so there should be enough oxidizer for 4-6 takeoffs.

nOt0hxM.png

And there it is for you, the Seahopper all parked up and ready for another mission. I hope you enjoyed it :).

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/siunodo0ehh6tnm/KTP-90%20Sea%20hopper.craft?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.