Real Solar System career mode

CitizenVeen

High space explorers!

I installed Real Solar System mod into a fresh KSP instal and started a new carreer. However, most scientific experiments grant me 0 science (All reports while landed/splashed at Earth). Is this a bug or intended (its still called 'Kerbin' in the laboratory). And how is it possible to get me through the carreer this way? Or is it just not intended to use it without Realism Overhaul (I installed that one, but was a bit dazzled by all the new options and things).

Another question, what will happend when I install RSS to my normal KSP directory, will the saves I have going in the Kerbal solar system get bugged?

Thanks alot!

In RSS you get no science from the surface of the earth - I am pretty sure that is intentional. You have a lot more science instruments though (Geiger-Muller, Micrometeorite and Telemetry Scan for example) so you get more once you launch something. 

1. I had thought that the zero science landed/splashed was something we did in RP-0, not RSS itself. Do you have RP-0 installed too somehow?

2. If you don't load a save it won't get borked. If you do load a save it will--a lot of the orbits will be under the surface of the planet after loading, so all those craft will be destroyed.

Thanks guys!

I dont have RP-0 installed (which mod is that?), and all the extra science experiments are in Realism Overhaul I think, but I only installed RSS (just increasing the planets and changing their looks to match Earth, Mars etc.), but I guess they are balanced to work togheter, not saparate...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.