Orbital / Planetary Information and Delta V Chart

Lestat

undefined

I created this chart a while ago as a supplement to the excellent delta V map provided by WAC, Kowgan and Swash.  The delta V values used are not my work and are based on WAC's map for 1.0.4 , likewise the orbital data and planetary images were collated from the Kerbal Wiki.  I find it useful to have as a quick reference and was designed to be printed at A4, although the pdf version is vector (and scalable)  as I created it in AutoCAD.  If I've missed any credit to others let me know (or anything else) and I will update.  Anyway here's the thing:

undefined

PDF Version (Best for printing)

In case anyone is interested, my original AutoCAD (dwg) version can can found here:

https://grabcad.com/library/kerbal-space-program-v1-0-4-delta-v-map-dwg-pdf-2d-1

To be honest due to time limitations I haven't updated to 1.0.5 yet, but looking at the changelog I don't see anything that should effect delta V values and there are no changes to the Kerbol system itself.  But having said that the delta V values should be used as a ballpark and a safety factor should be designed in to your craft.  Because there are so many variables in the game you will never get the same result twice.

Excellent map, Lestat!

As asked by Dispatcher (French user, like me?), in my opinion, they're some atmospheric improvments in KSP 1.0.5/1.0.5 (1028) like reworked drag effects (now more drastic). If true, this may have some repercussions on delta-V budgets?

EDIT: another (known) map by Kowgan (updated to 1.0.5 by Swash) as you've mentioned - this map looking like "underground/metro" map here -> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map-continued-22-nov-17th-opm-update/ indicates delta-V=3400 for LKO, instead of 3200... Same for Eve (the worst about atmo in KSP), Swash's map indicates 8k / 8000 (rounded value?) instead of 6000, difference 2000 is huge IMO... of course, this concerns only atmospheric celestial bodies.(ie Mun, Minmus, Ike, Gilly etc aren't affected). However, your stuff are looking very professional, bravo! About Corw remark above concerning Jool system, maybe a separate map is an idea? (this part is more complex than my girlfried lol). Unfortunately I don't have strong knowledge about AutoCAD to help you to update this map for 1.0.5.

Edited by DomiKamu

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, they are very useful and I plan to update this initial version to 1.0.5 (with it's dV values) taking them all on board.  I have some ideas for a clearer format whilst still retaining all the information and time permitting using a Copernicus layout.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.