Crater Cartographer Challenge - KSP Versions 1.0.x

It is going to be to Tylo most likely, looking at the biome map I see 15 obvious craters (anything very round in nature.)

With the footage of the flight do you want the whole thing? Mainly just wondering because my transfer craft's thrust to weight ratio is .09, which will end up being a long time of just thrusting for the maneuvers. I was planning to do them in between videos.

1 hour ago, Caithloki said:

It is going to be to Tylo most likely, looking at the biome map I see 15 obvious craters (anything very round in nature.)

With the footage of the flight do you want the whole thing? Mainly just wondering because my transfer craft's thrust to weight ratio is .09, which will end up being a long time of just thrusting for the maneuvers. I was planning to do them in between videos.

Honestly I would much prefer screenshots, it's not that hard to press F1 every so often and pretty simple to upload the pics ... A mission to Tylo to plot craters in a video would be insanely long and the idea is to provide as detailed of a mission report as possible ... Let alone it is the maneuvers and how you're doing them that is also of interest along with the actual charting of the craters. Take a look at my Dres Love Missions HERE and you will see what I am am hoping to get from entrants into this challenge (as you would have if NASA or some other space agency were to go plot the craters in our solar system, highly detailed)

Also the wiki could be wrong and should be used only for reference. A better way would be to start a sandbox game, go to your tracking center, take a look at Tylo in the tracking center and start counting what looks like craters ... The biome maps can be a bit misleading with the colour tones they use to differentiate between zones

I'm looking at Tylo now in the tracking center and I can count over 20 locations that look like craters on just 1/4 of the surface area ... south pole looks to have a few as well

Edited by DoctorDavinci

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I finished this challenge on laythe! I landed a probe in all 0 of laythe's craters.

Well that is where I believe you are wrong ... Laythe has craters that are partially under water and it remains to be seen if there are any completely under the water

Here's some possible craters marked on the biome map of Laythe

5 hours ago, Nefrums said:

Dres might need some love, but 42 craters is a lot..

42 is a lot but it is also the answer to life, the universe and everything

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, Nefrums said:

And all done!

Dres has 43 craters!

Fantastic ... You are the first Neapolitan

Could you post Part Count, Cost and Mass so I can update the board and I'm wondering if you're down to help plot more craters on other planets or moons?

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.