Update Suggestions

I decided to start a thread to suggest new update ideas! But I unknowingly talked about something that was against the rules! So here are my ideas on a thread that has nothing to do with when the next update comes out! Here they are:

1. Base Parts
2. A system similar to KIS (Kerbal Inventory System) and KAS (Kerbal Attachment System)
3. An Observatory (In Career Mode Only) so that you have to find planets and asteroids before they show up in the tracking station.
4. More Planets and Asteroids.
5. Another solar system to explore.
6. Boat hangar and Boat Parts.
7. Helicopters.
8. VTOL Parts for planes.
9. Customizable parts tabs in SPH and VAB
10. Better camera in VAB
11. Able to see kerman's point of view on EVA

The only thing on your list that I think is out of place is 'another solar system'.  

If you meant as a second solar system that needs interstellar travel to get there then I can't see that ever being a standard stock feature as its a bit out of scope.

Different or alternative versions of the 'single' system we have would be an interesting thing to have at some point, but again I think unlikely to be a stock option for a very long time, if ever.  Realistically this is an add-on thing.

I think an expansion of the current solar system by enhancing what's already there and adding new planets and moons could be a realistic possibility with the advent of 64bit in v1.1 though. Though I don't expect it to happen immediately by any means.

On 17/12/2015 at 4:37 PM, Gelix said:

1. Base Parts

YES.  You can build a nice space station or ground base out of rocket parts, but dedicated parts would be excellent.  They should be a priority over aircraft parts, which have been getting far too much attention.  It's not Kerbal Flight Program.

2. A system similar to KIS (Kerbal Inventory System) and KAS (Kerbal Attachment System)

I haven't used those mods, but Kerbals do need more reason to EVA than jump out, click "EVA Report", jump back in.

3. An Observatory (In Career Mode Only) so that you have to find planets and asteroids before they show up in the tracking station.

I like that a lot.  Mun should be visible from the start, and maybe Minmus.  I'd like to see blurry images through the scope and in the tracking station, so you can't actually see a planet in all it's glory til you reach it.

11. Able to see kerman's point of view on EVA

I like this idea too, along with better control on spacewalks.

As for water / air parts, as I mentioned I think the space parts need more attention first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.