Commercial aircrafts. (KTP-80, K-747, SST-Klipper)

Here is a collection of some of my older commercial aircrafts that vave been in the forum before, and cause the old posts are broken now its time to do a new one for these.

This basically proves that i have two thing i love more than anything in this game and that is: The Tornado series of aircrafts and big cargo and passenger jets.

This time there are two passenger aircrafts and one cargo aircraft. They are all bigger than 50x50 m so they are some of the biggest ones ive made so far.

The first one i will be talking about is the KTP-80 Stratocarrier, a cargoplane for heavy hauling. With a size of 65x61x15 its very big but not at all slow and sluggish as you would have expected.

The aircraft has a top speed of about 230 m/s making it pretty fast for its size, its also very manouverable and very responsive.

The version you see in the picks has B9 lighting and flags but the version that is up for download is fully stock.

Here are some picks of it in action. These picks where taken at night time cause everytime i have lights on my aircraft i cant help but to fly at night to see them better.

poE3bxn.png

It takes off pretty quickly at a speed of 50-55 m/s and is still controllable at a speed of 60-70 m/s so it makes landings and takeoffs a whole lot easyer.

HKT6Zj3.png

NutBaoc.png

qCb8ekL.png

As you can see it very easy to land this thing on the island airfield. Infact it can do it so well that, you dont even have to do any reversing or turnarounds. Just land and takeoff.

FLZcgCt.png

Next up we have the Koeing 747 (a 747ish replica obviously).

In terms of how it flyes its pretty much the same as the KTP-80.

It takes off at the speed of 60 m/s and has a top speed of around 240 m/s so again its very similar to the KTP-80

The Koeing 747 is smaller than its real life counter part with the size of 54x57x17.

The 747 doesnt really serve any purpouse other than just being a showoff aircraft but cause i like to do everything big i ofcourse had to make an SCA version of the aircraft.

So here are some pick of it in action.

Cp3vhOy.png

Its defenetly not a perfect replica but looks close enough for my taste. This one is a bit special since this one was done almost right after the transition to 0.90, so i was a in a bit of a shock when the hiding canards trick didnt work anymore (it does but you have to leave a bit of then exposed open air, but i didnt know this back then), so i had to instead rely on a new technique witch was layering wings witch ended up working out quite nicely. so it flyes without having a dozen canards inside a cargobay out of sight.

0VLIsaH.png

This time i had to do some ground manouvering to get myself off the island but with the thrust reversers its no big deal (Squad should really make the medium gears steerable and put some wheel turning animations).

8I3hAHZ.png

4B75P6m.png

And here we are carrying the orbiter. The aircraft doesnt really even notice that it has an orbiter on its back, its just a bit more slower in speed.

The orbiter you see being carryed By the 747 SCA was done in 0.25 so thats why i doesnt have any of the new wings and engines meant for the orbiter.

J6ybMEU.png

And cause why not. Noething to see here just normal flying, its all part of the routine.

And finally we have the Koeing 1011-SST Klipper.

The SST Klipper is based on the Boeing SST Clipper witch was there proposal for a supersonic airliner for the American market. Ultimetly it was cut and i think the only physical thing left of the program was a 1:1 moc of the aircraft. So as reference i used one of those Revell 50th anniversary model kits of the aircraft.

It can takeoff at a speed of about 80-85 m/s and has a top speed of about 250 m/s in low altitude. So it is faster than the two and has better rolling capabilityes but is not very good in terms of pitch control, aka it can start losing altitude when doing turns.

b9QvnKK.png

dvZTMDs.png

So there you have it, 3 big aircrafts from my collection. I might make a post for all my modded airliners and AWACS aircrafts. I hope you enjoy them :).

PS. i really dont like the fact that whenever i put down emoticons they delete the whole row of text behind them so thats why i dont really use them, in case you where wondering.

Download links:

KTP-80 Stratocarrier: https://www.dropbox.com/s/422ssjn2aqjpuyy/KTP-80%20Stratocarrier%20%28Stock%29.craft?dl=0

Koeing 747: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gglchf53cilmmm/koeing-747%20%28flagless%29.craft?dl=0

Koeing 1011-SST Klipper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8twhjjbbqape10/koeing%20SST%20Clipper.craft?dl=0

23 hours ago, Columbia said:

These are frigging huge.. must be a pain in the computer!

Nice work!

23 hours ago, Columbia said:

These are frigging huge.. must be a pain in the computer!

Nice work!

Thanks. Yep i have about 20-30 frames/second when using these aircrafts, so its not too bad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.