Kerbal Model from Ingame?

DocBrown

Hi there! I have sort of a weird question-

Is there any possible way to get the actual ingame kerbal models? I've seen a few people who have released their own, but I've also seen some who have gotten the actual Kerbal model...

All I want is somewhere to either download the model, or how to rip the model from the game files. If you know of anything that could help, thanks :)  (I'm wanting to use it for my own personal use, not using it for random things or releasing it on SFM or whatever, so it shouldn't be against the rules or something... I'm not selling it or whatever... )

Edited by DocBrown

Your looking for ninja ripper.  See Raerdens art thread on the fanworks section, it's what he used to get objects into 3dsmax.  (Script used in ninja ripper requires 3dsMax)

It's clunky to use and the download is borderline dodgy so might wanna warm up any and all A/V on your pc before firing  up Google.  You'll have all kinds of fun sifting through the output hunting for the single object your after sine the script dumps ALL the objects loaded into your GPU. 

I know you mentioned the user created Kerbals already, a few are very well done and virtually spot on the in game Kerbal.  The one I'm using is even rigged.  On phone but can update post later on if your interested. In the end it might just be  ton easier, and safer ;) ,to use a user created rig/Kerbal.

Edited by esinohio

@esinohio I'd be interested to know where that kerbal is. I have a feeling I know what one you're talking about though, and unfortunately that model isn't "spot on." It's close, but the kerbal face is very cartoony, and not really a resemblance of the real kerbal face.

Is it the kerbal model used in this render by my good friend starwhip? 

mRmALC1.png

3 hours ago, Endersmens said:

@esinohio I'd be interested to know where that kerbal is. I have a feeling I know what one you're talking about though, and unfortunately that model isn't "spot on." It's close, but the kerbal face is very cartoony, and not really a resemblance of the real kerbal face.

Is it the kerbal model used in this render by my good friend starwhip? 

mRmALC1.png

I've used that before, but like, it's not the same. Something's different about it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.