Christmas for the Kerbals

Ristse

Nice ;p well they would drink fuel of course ;p on Minmus they'd serve plates of Minmus dirt.. you know, tasting Minmus is a tradition! 

But in general Kerbin doesn't have seasons so they would have to fly to the polars and celebrate there ;p I wonder what Jeb would do.

5 hours ago, Martian Music said:

Nice ;p well they would drink fuel of course ;p on Minmus they'd serve plates of Minmus dirt.. you know, tasting Minmus is a tradition! 

But in general Kerbin doesn't have seasons so they would have to fly to the polars and celebrate there ;p I wonder what Jeb would do.

Not only a lack of seasons. Kerbin's orbit is perfectly circular. Nobody would know how long a year is. Actually, there's a chance they would notice that another planet appears in the same part of the sky in predictable intervals, and some scientist would deduce the year from that.

TLDR, Kerbin has no discernible year to plan annual holidays with.

Edited by Findthepin1

5 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

Not only a lack of seasons. Kerbin's orbit is perfectly circular. Nobody would know how long a year is. Actually, there's a chance they would notice that another planet appears in the same part of the sky in predictable intervals, and some scientist would deduce the year from that.

TLDR, Kerbin has no discernible year to plan annual holidays with.

Basically, Kerbin has very little weather, other than what is caused by tidal forces from the Mun. 

1 hour ago, Findthepin1 said:

But they wouldn't know when Christmas is. There's no seasons, and as far as they can tell no year.

That doesn't mean that the have no religious, or other historic reasons to celebrate something. 

In previous years, mine have done lots of things, such as set up Christmas lights on the VAB, build Christmas trees, and make a traditional nativity scene. 

I made this last year, a Kerbal version of a song, depicting a Kerbal versions of an Australian style Christmas. 

Sorry, I should have been more clear. They wouldn't have any concept of a year until they discovered the regularity of planet orbits. So they wouldn't know when to celebrate annual holidays. A year for that purpose is arbitrary of Kerbin's orbital period. Any set number of days between a certain holiday would suffice. 

Edited by Findthepin1

8 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. They wouldn't have any concept of a year until they discovered the regularity of planet orbits. So they wouldn't know when to celebrate annual holidays. A year for that purpose is arbitrary of Kerbin's orbital period. Any set number of days between a certain holiday would suffice. 

Idk, it's possible to work out the year from the "movement" of the stars and constellations. 

Some smart Kerbal might have picked up on that. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.