Make Rescue Missions better (and more sensical)

On 1/3/2016 at 0:37 PM, capran said:

2. Give some story how that kerbal got there! Maybe they belong to another country's space program? A private program?

Like how a spacecraft got on a highly eccentric, retrograde, solar orbit? I really enjoy doing rescue missions. Partially because back in 0.90 when I started, I struggled horribly with them until I got rendezvous down but also because it's fun to rescue crew and have new crew members after the rescue. 

I like the idea of having a docking port on derelict ship since some of the contracts are to recover the ship as well. At a higher level, excellent suggestions.

i guess that the above idea is a real rescue contract,im sure that the weak point of the rescue missions is the fact that the capsule survived ascent/orbit/landing,not the entire craft,so making the rest of the craft makes very much needed sense...

also,this allows for refueling,critical component repair contracts,and about the latest post,i say yess,add these contracts!.

another rare but cool contract would be a surprise rescue,maybe a passing vessel,that runs out of fuel on your orbit,so you just speed up and see what happens.my suggestions also allows the use of scripted sequences (a vessel makes a fly-by above your vessel,but a engine explodes just above you and the "pilot" decides to cut throttle,so you can rescue him,if you recover him,you have a new kerbonaut :D

i support more rescue contracts diversity. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.