Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

31 minutes ago, inigma said:

I'm really working on on fixing up GAP.  I just keep getting distracted:

K2 contracts finished. i think i've fixed a majority of stuff for 1.2.6... still testing.

8bb15ef07e.jpg

b432a9088a.jpg

d5b8cd6cfe.jpg

21780693d3.jpg

Think you have room for a building like this? It's 300 parts on the nose, and supposed to be a fully fledged airport with a tower, hangar, fuel storage, and some space for some kerbals. It's not many more parts than the carrier, actually, just a bit more compact and with a fair amount of detail packed in. (Planes aren't necessarily included, just sorta there for scale)

Also, quick question. Moving to lat/long instead of PQS would break more than RSS wouldn't it? it would break 2x scale, 6.4x, etc? Or did RSS change a lot more than I thought?

Edited by Lupi

Just discovered if you take 2 plane contracts at once, but if the first plane you launch can't do both contracts ie. is too wide to do the barnstorming mission, the game wont recognize a second smaller plane to complete the barnstorm contract. was a bit annoying, had to cheat the contract complete. :(

Edit: Also just got the contract to reach 100 m/s with a plane. terms of that contract require reaching at least 2500 m, and holding there at 100 m/s for 5 seconds, with less than 10 m/s of vertical speed. after completing that contract, was given a contract to reach 2500 m. "I just did that?" :confused:

Edited by vardicd

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

Just discovered if you take 2 plane contracts at once, but if the first plane you launch can't do both contracts ie. is too wide to do the barnstorming mission, the game wont recognize a second smaller plane to complete the barnstorm contract. was a bit annoying, had to cheat the contract complete. :(

Edit: Also just got the contract to reach 100 m/s with a plane. terms of that contract require reaching at least 2500 m, and holding there at 100 m/s for 5 seconds, with less than 10 m/s of vertical speed. after completing that contract, was given a contract to reach 2500 m. "I just did that?" :confused:

I've made 2500m contract required in 1.2.6 to make this consistent now. thanks for the feedback. it was annoying me too. :)

8 hours ago, Lupi said:

8bb15ef07e.jpg

b432a9088a.jpg

d5b8cd6cfe.jpg

21780693d3.jpg

Think you have room for a building like this? It's 300 parts on the nose, and supposed to be a fully fledged airport with a tower, hangar, fuel storage, and some space for some kerbals. It's not many more parts than the carrier, actually, just a bit more compact and with a fair amount of detail packed in. (Planes aren't necessarily included, just sorta there for scale)

Also, quick question. Moving to lat/long instead of PQS would break more than RSS wouldn't it? it would break 2x scale, 6.4x, etc? Or did RSS change a lot more than I thought?

Very nice. Give me long/lat/alt and pick a spot you want a contract to fly to. I'll see about adding it in a future GAP release!  I don't care about breaking RSS or 2x and 6x. GAP already breaks those anyways as soon as 1.2 and later.

Plane contracts like one active plane at a time. If you have more than one plane, then switching to other active planes could mess with the craft definitions for the contract. To fix, recover the offending planes and relaunch. This is no easy work around for this and still maintain craft definition control which is used in GAP to check that people have all their passengers, parts, etc.

Requires Contract Configurator 1.12.1 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 65

6/20/16 GAP 1.2.6

• 65 total contracts. This release adds 9 contracts: 7 economy contracts (for parts, rather than bundles), 1 starting car contract, and 1 Coast Guard contract for an easier K2 climber rescue version. See notes below.
  • Wright Speed 100 now requires Wright 2500m completion (thanks vardicd).
  • Added KSP Scout contract for players to build their first car and scout out KSC. This will appear before KSP Tour Bus.
  • KSP Tour Bus now rewards 5,000 funds instead of 3,500 funds.
  • decreased appearance of KSP Tour Bus contract. If it continues to appear often, it's because you haven't fulfilled requirements (part unlocks or the contracts mentioned below) for other contract types to appear.
  • made Charter Flight 4, 5, and Flights 101-103 appear more often since these too are critical to GAP progression and are the repeatable bread and butter of GAP.
  • made Glider, First Flight, 2500m, Aerial Island Survey, and Island Prep contracts appear faster. These are one-time contracts anyways and are critical to progressing players in GAP and unlocking dependent contracts.
  • fixed KSP Island Preparation contract. Flag goal works and the goal only appears if you have Astronaut Complex level 2.
  • removed PQSOffset and randomization from CoastGuard Rescue Climbers contracts to prevent spawn issues of Kerbals with terrain. No more having to dig a materialized Kerbal out of the side of a mountain. It's hard enough already.
  • renamed Coast Guard Rescue Climbers to Coast Guard Rescue Climbers (Hard) and increased the reward accordingly.
  • added Coast Guard Rescue Climbers. (Easy) (thanks million_lights)
  • fixed passenger spawning for Charter Flight 45. (thanks million_lights)
  • fixed all KSS Rixx contracts to spawn carrier without exploding. (thanks LupiDragon)
  • fixed comments in Charter Flight 45
  • Charter Flight 5 now appears which is required for Flights 101-103.
  • added patches for part test modules.
  • Wright-Glider and Wright-FirstFlight now recognize Firespitter parts.
  • GAP now requires Module Manager (to add part test capability to various aircraft parts)
  • added SSI-WrightEngine to sell an Oscar-B fuel tank, a prototype KAX kuey tail rotor (makes for a great early propeller) if a player has KAX installed, and a small air intake.
  • reclassified SSI-Loan as an economy contract.
  • fixed SSI-Loan status funds symbol.
  • fixed SSI-Loan now requires SSI membership before being offered.
  • Split out all GAP: Economy contracts to offer separate contracts for prototype parts instead of bundles.
  • Fixed Coast Guard Certification - command seat rescuing of Lt. Dan now possible

31b29a21cd.jpg

Alright, I've finalised the airport design, just going into the craft file to make sure all the lights are on by default, then attaching it. Kerbals can actually climb into the ATC tower, through those structural fuselages. A small plane will fit in that hangar, which I could also provide upon request. The fuel tank has a Klaw that players can taxi to and refuel their planes with, and the hitchhikers give room for kerbals. It doesn't quite look identical to how it did in previous pictures, I redid the struts in the hangar and redid parts elsewhere to maintain that even 300 part count.

57806e8052.jpg

Would you say this is a good spread of locations to fly to? I've got coords for all of them

Base A (unnamed)
 Lat:    25.7709483001634
 Long:    317.961872885548
 Alt:    612.021863681148
 Height:    10.6819648445817
 Base B (Spud Hills)
 Lat:    -30.3846438021344
 Long:    -40.1108859414641
 Alt:    141.726933573722
 Height:    10.5266003715806
 Base C (unnamed)
 Lat:    5.74254826678535
 Long:    297.675383894237
 Alt:    460.046224247199
 Height:    12.0342370440485
 Base D (unnamed)
 Lat:    11.7039063626946
 Long:    267.902521178582
 Alt:    408.549893880899
 Height:    12.4366514297435
 Base E (unnamed)
 Lat:    -8.10914116468037
 Long:    228.449020605249
 Alt:    105.70801004942
 Height:    11.733528948389

As for contracts, either charter flights or KSC Airlines flights, though Cargo flights might be interesting in the future. Not sure how big a plane should be suggested, as i linked some of my career planes in a previous post for comparison, and the airport seemed rather adequate for their sizes but I wouldn't suggest one land a 747 there.

https://kerbalx.com/Lupi/Airport

Here's the airport BTW.

Edited by Lupi

GAP 1.2.6. - command seat is not recognized as attached on glider:

ZDG3B7Z.jpg

Maybe some weird mod interaction ? Figured out that something is wrong after I have failed contract

Installed mods:

Spoiler

B9 Aerospace Parts Pack (B9 1:6.1.1)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 1:0.40.7)
B9 Aerospace Props (B9-props 1:6.1.1)
B9 Animation Modules (B9AnimationModules v1.0.2)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v1.4.2)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.4.3)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.2)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.12.1)
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor (ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.4.3)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.2.2)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.1.7)
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) (GAP 1.2.6)
Contract Pack: SCANSat (ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat v0.6.0.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.4.2)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 3.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 6.3)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.8.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.4)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.1-2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.1-2-1)
Ferram Aerospace Research (FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.6.5)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.0.10-2467)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.2.4)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.2.4)
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KerbalAircraftExpansion 2:2.6.3)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.6.3.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.5.8.0)
Kerbal Flight Data (KerbalFlightData R21)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.2.11.0)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.7)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 0.20.1)
kOSPropMonitor (kOSPropMonitor 1.1.1)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.6.1)
Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics (InfernalRobotics v2.0.4)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.7.0)
MechJeb Embedded Universal (Career mode) (MechJebEmbeddedUniversalCareer 1.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.5.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.25)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.3)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 4.0)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.26.0)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.26.0)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.1.1)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.7.0)
RemoteTech - SETI Config (SETI-RemoteTech 1.0.9.0)
RemoteTech - SETI ProbeControlEnabler (SETI-ProbeControlEnabler 1.0.8.2)
SCANsat (SCANsat v16.1)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0246)
scatterer - sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0246)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.6.15.0)
Station Science (StationScience 2.0)
Stock Bug Fix Modules & StockPlus (StockBugFixPlus v1.1.2b.1)
Strategia (Strategia 1.2.3)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer 2.7)
Take Command (TakeCommand 1.4.1)
Throttle Controlled Avionics (ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.1.0-KSP-1.1.2)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.12)
Trajectories (Trajectories v1.6.2)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.5.1.0)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.8.1.0)
Unmanned Before Manned (UnmannedBeforeManned 1.0.8.3)
Vessel Mover (VesselMover v1.5)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.5.2)

14 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

GAP 1.2.6. - command seat is not recognized as attached on glider:

ZDG3B7Z.jpg

Maybe some weird mod interaction ? Figured out that something is wrong after I have failed contract

Installed mods:

Hide contents

B9 Aerospace Parts Pack (B9 1:6.1.1)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Wings - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 1:0.40.7)
B9 Aerospace Props (B9-props 1:6.1.1)
B9 Animation Modules (B9AnimationModules v1.0.2)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v1.4.2)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.4.3)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.2)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.12.1)
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor (ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.4.3)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.2.2)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.1.7)
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) (GAP 1.2.6)
Contract Pack: SCANSat (ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat v0.6.0.1)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.4.2)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 3.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 6.3)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.8.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.4)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 2:EVE-1.1-2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.1-2-1)
Ferram Aerospace Research (FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.6.5)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.0.10-2467)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.2.4)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.2.4)
Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KerbalAircraftExpansion 2:2.6.3)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.6.3.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.5.8.0)
Kerbal Flight Data (KerbalFlightData R21)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.2.11.0)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.7)
kOS: Scriptable Autopilot System (kOS 0.20.1)
kOSPropMonitor (kOSPropMonitor 1.1.1)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.6.1)
Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics (InfernalRobotics v2.0.4)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.7.0)
MechJeb Embedded Universal (Career mode) (MechJebEmbeddedUniversalCareer 1.3)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.5.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.25)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.3)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 4.0)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.26.0)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.26.0)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.1.1)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.7.0)
RemoteTech - SETI Config (SETI-RemoteTech 1.0.9.0)
RemoteTech - SETI ProbeControlEnabler (SETI-ProbeControlEnabler 1.0.8.2)
SCANsat (SCANsat v16.1)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0246)
scatterer - sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0246)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.6.15.0)
Station Science (StationScience 2.0)
Stock Bug Fix Modules & StockPlus (StockBugFixPlus v1.1.2b.1)
Strategia (Strategia 1.2.3)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer 2.7)
Take Command (TakeCommand 1.4.1)
Throttle Controlled Avionics (ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.1.0-KSP-1.1.2)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.12)
Trajectories (Trajectories v1.6.2)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.5.1.0)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.8.1.0)
Unmanned Before Manned (UnmannedBeforeManned 1.0.8.3)
Vessel Mover (VesselMover v1.5)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.5.2)

If you failed the contract before, cancel the contract and reload it. Perhaps the glider definition is still attached to the old craft. If you ever crash a craft that completed initial definition checks, GAP and Contract Configurator will not reset the craft definition until either the contract is canceled, failed, or completed.

12 minutes ago, inigma said:

If you failed the contract before, cancel the contract and reload it. Perhaps the glider definition is still attached to the old craft. If you ever crash a craft that completed initial definition checks, GAP and Contract Configurator will not reset the craft definition until either the contract is canceled, failed, or completed.

Never mind. Figured out what was real reason of failure. Command seat is properly recognized on runway, but not in SPH. That is not a reason of failure afterall. I have deatached engine from craft too late while well in air and GAP recognized decoupling as "damage" to craft. Decoupling while still rolling on runway and then going airborne fixed that issue.

Last time I was doing this contract, GAP didn't complain about deataching engine that late. Maybe if I put some parachutes to decopled parts will solve issue ?

59dfb2fdb0.jpg

I also made a littler, tower-less sort of outpost design using the hangar and fuel tank. I had mentioned the idea of charter flights ferrying archaeologists to the pyramids or such for science return, this could be a little research outpost there. Could also put one at the UFO, and any other anomalies. Pictured here, it's in the best looking place i could manage with how hyperedit decided to rotate it. Might make the tanks smaller, thinking of it.

Dropbox link for this, since it's not worth putting on kerbalx.

I'm having problems with getting Airlines Flight 101. I thought this new update would fix it so I deleted all GAP files and installed the update but I'm still not getting it. Any help is appreciated. Thx (otherwise love this contract pack was using before the offical release and it's one of my required contract packs :) ) Also, as you can see below I have completed the required contracts. \/\/

20160618102902_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5oaczdks2n348o/20160618102902_1.jpg?dl=0

So, @inigma, just out of curiosity, what's the odds of getting GAP to recognize the bus from the KSO Mod for tour bus contracts?

WEb8u1s.jpg

eURuaGY.jpg

I mean it is a tour bus. and has police car, fire engine, helicopter, and other cool toys. :D If not I understand, just thought I'd ask.

Maybe its just me, but I feel like the cost of some of these unlocks needs a bit of tweaking:

4AkM0wR.jpg

PcbgUcm.jpg

This seems just a bit excessive in the early game to unlock just one part, that's over half my current funds, and I'm only 2 launches in. and I'd have to buy more than just 1 or 2 parts for these to really pay off in any meaningful way. I like the move to selling them individually, as there were some I was paying for previously I didn't use, but it seems like, maybe you forgot to turn down the costs along with the part pack breakup? or is that just me?

10 hours ago, Austinator48 said:

I'm having problems with getting Airlines Flight 101. I thought this new update would fix it so I deleted all GAP files and installed the update but I'm still not getting it. Any help is appreciated. Thx (otherwise love this contract pack was using before the offical release and it's one of my required contract packs :) ) Also, as you can see below I have completed the required contracts. \/\/

20160618102902_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5oaczdks2n348o/20160618102902_1.jpg?dl=0

Go to Alt+F12, and decline contracts in the Contracts area until the flights appear. The generator may be taking into account your previous contract load. I'm not sure though. I'll investigate this further if you can't get it to appear yet.

6 hours ago, vardicd said:

So, @inigma, just out of curiosity, what's the odds of getting GAP to recognize the bus from the KSO Mod for tour bus contracts?

WEb8u1s.jpg

eURuaGY.jpg

I mean it is a tour bus. and has police car, fire engine, helicopter, and other cool toys. :D If not I understand, just thought I'd ask.

If it has wheel parts it should be acceptable. I'll look into it!

Maybe its just me, but I feel like the cost of some of these unlocks needs a bit of tweaking:

4AkM0wR.jpg

PcbgUcm.jpg

This seems just a bit excessive in the early game to unlock just one part, that's over half my current funds, and I'm only 2 launches in. and I'd have to buy more than just 1 or 2 parts for these to really pay off in any meaningful way. I like the move to selling them individually, as there were some I was paying for previously I didn't use, but it seems like, maybe you forgot to turn down the costs along with the part pack breakup? or is that just me?

All part contracts use your starting funds as the basis for calculation, and take a percentage.  I adjusted all percentages to all parts are still the same relative cost vs the others.  If you decide to get all parts, then you will ultimately run out of money and need to get a loan from SSI.

For the battery contract it's: Round(StartingFunds() * 0.13)

What were your starting funds for your career?

1 hour ago, inigma said:

Go to Alt+F12, and decline contracts in the Contracts area until the flights appear. The generator may be taking into account your previous contract load. I'm not sure though. I'll investigate this further if you can't get it to appear yet.

All part contracts use your starting funds as the basis for calculation, and take a percentage.  I adjusted all percentages to all parts are still the same relative cost vs the others.  If you decide to get all parts, then you will ultimately run out of money and need to get a loan from SSI.

My starting funds were 25,000. the default easy start, though I changed other settings to make It a custom difficulty, including upping funds penalties for fail contracts and building upgrades, not sure if that will affect things.

2 hours ago, inigma said:

Ya already did that multiple times, except I had reputation to spare so I did it the "legit" way (not that it makes a difference) :/ It's like they don't exist because I get everything else (but they do, I see them in the folder).

9 hours ago, vardicd said:

My starting funds were 25,000. the default easy start, though I changed other settings to make It a custom difficulty, including upping funds penalties for fail contracts and building upgrades, not sure if that will affect things.

I tested with a new save. 3,500 funds they cost.Did you upgrade GAP in your current save? I wonder if it keyed off the current funds at the time of upgrade.

8 hours ago, Austinator48 said:

Ya already did that multiple times, except I had reputation to spare so I did it the "legit" way (not that it makes a difference) :/ It's like they don't exist because I get everything else (but they do, I see them in the folder).

Have you tried a reboot? Was this installed into an existing save? You may need to cancel 30+ contracts in the Contracts cheat menu to get them to recycle the generator.

4 minutes ago, inigma said:

Have you tried a reboot? Was this installed into an existing save? You may need to cancel 30+ contracts in the Contracts cheat menu to get them to recycle the generator.

Reboot, what do you mean? Yes I created a new save when I installed your last update of GAP and I was hopeing that this most recent update would fix it so I wipped the GAP, and installed this recent update but the problem persisted. Cancel Archived or Offered contracts (I'm pretty sure i have gone through 30 after I updated and before I update)? 

1 minute ago, Austinator48 said:

Reboot, what do you mean? Yes I created a new save when I installed your last update of GAP and I was hopeing that this most recent update would fix it so I wipped the GAP, and installed this recent update but the problem persisted. Cancel Archived or Offered contracts (I'm pretty sure i have gone through 30 after I updated and before I update)? 

Use Alt F12, remove from your archive the KAB 5000m and the Charter Flight 5. Then decline offered contracts until they both appear. Accept and then complete them in the Alt F12 menu, then decline offered contracts until Flight 101 shows up. This should fix any tracking issues with Contract Configurator.

14 minutes ago, inigma said:

Use Alt F12, remove from your archive the KAB 5000m and the Charter Flight 5. Then decline offered contracts until they both appear. Accept and then complete them in the Alt F12 menu, then decline offered contracts until Flight 101 shows up. This should fix any tracking issues with Contract Configurator.

That worked! Thanks I dont know why it wasn't showing up before on the last version. :) Time to do some Commercial Airline Contracts :) 

Edit:

To bad 1.1.3 came out some of my other mods are broken :(

Edited by Austinator48

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.