Crashing into Launchpad in orbit

So, I'm launching my newest monstrosity, and it gets into orbit just fine. I set a quick-save, then head back to the tracking-station to time-warp for my transfer. Once that's done, I switch back to my craft and.... 

klnsZx1.png

BAM. Insta-explode, everything is gone. (A sepratron even crashed into "Tut-un Jeb-Ahn". What the actual f***) 

Ok, so I figure this is just an odd quirk, so I reload the quick-save.

BAM again. Crashed into launchpad.

At this point, I restart KSP, hoping the problem would go away, but it doesn't. It still insta-explodes when I load the quick-save.

I am at a loss of words to describe how frustrating this is, especially after waiting 20 minutes for my rocket to lag its way into orbit.

Oh well, if KSP is going to give me paranormal activity, then I might as well share the evidence. 

Here is the KSP log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rjbtiwlxbe3cm2/KSP.log?dl=0 

And here is my quick-save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghl08wzq4bfjumq/In%20orbit.sfs?dl=0 

I'm running a few visual mods, such as EVE, distant object enhancer, as well as some other mods such as DynamicTextureLoader. The only part mod I'm using is Mechjeb. 

So, could someone please tell me what the heck is going on here? Is there anything I can do to fix this bug?

Edited by Stratzenblitz75
good grammar

Hmm... Does the mission log say "Crashed into the launchpad"? If not, it might be your ship duplicating itself in save files, causing two ships to be inside each other(not good, if you didn't know). If not, could you specify the time abouts you had the issue? The log is a pain to look through.

9 hours ago, Spilled Vial said:

Hmm... Does the mission log say "Crashed into the launchpad"? If not, it might be your ship duplicating itself in save files, causing two ships to be inside each other(not good, if you didn't know). If not, could you specify the time abouts you had the issue? The log is a pain to look through.

I have encountered the ship duplicating bug before, and I can safely say that bug is not at fault here. The flight log states that most of the parts of my spacecraft "Crashed into launch pad" while I was in orbit (which is no-where near the launchpad).

On another note, I've relaunched the craft, and everything seems to be going fine so far. I'll report back here if the bug happens again or not.

Were you using a mod to time warp faster than default? For whatever reason doing that is like giving the Kraken an adrenaline shot. Usually what I do is this:

Tracking station -> time warp to transfer window -> quit to main menu -> VAB -> launch vessel

Same thing for time warping to a destination.

On 1/8/2016 at 9:15 AM, KerbonautInTraining said:

Were you using a mod to time warp faster than default? For whatever reason doing that is like giving the Kraken an adrenaline shot. Usually what I do is this:

Tracking station -> time warp to transfer window -> quit to main menu -> VAB -> launch vessel

Same thing for time warping to a destination.

Indeed, I was using the better timewarp mod to speed to my transfer window. However, I also used tracking station with normal timewarp as well and the same thing happened. In that case specifically, I would click on my vessel from the tracking station, and "fly" it. Then, as soon as it loaded in, it would instantly explode, saying that it "crashed into launch pad".

In other news, I've completed my mission and I haven't seen the bug again. So, the first launch must have been cursed, probably by the spirit of Tut-un Jeb-Ahn so that he could watch more explosions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.