Where's Albatross 1&2?

Mr. Me

4 hours ago, Mr. Me said:

We all know how terrible the Albatross 3 is. But where did the first and second ones go? I have a theory this is an easter egg.

Any information on the Ravenspear Mk2 is welcome.

All* Easter eggs were found by an algorithm. So all are discovered. I understand how you feel to start a campaign to find an Easter egg. It feels exiting. But I know that they are all found. What squad needs to do is write a program in the game code that encrypts the maps when they see they are getting scanned.

*probably not all but 90% were discovered not by hand

2 hours ago, 322997am said:

All* Easter eggs were found by an algorithm. So all are discovered. I understand how you feel to start a campaign to find an Easter egg. It feels exiting. But I know that they are all found. What squad needs to do is write a program in the game code that encrypts the maps when they see they are getting scanned.

*probably not all but 90% were discovered not by hand

That only applies to the fixed features on the ground, aka the "Anomalies". There are other Easter Eggs in KSP, for example some details of part textures. "Albatross 3" being a reference to something else, for example Rescuers as suggested, would also qualify.

52 minutes ago, cantab said:

That only applies to the fixed features on the ground, aka the "Anomalies". There are other Easter Eggs in KSP, for example some details of part textures. "Albatross 3" being a reference to something else, for example Rescuers as suggested, would also qualify.

Right. Easter Eggs on parts have to be discovered. Even names and descriptions can have easter eggs (The Ion engine's numbering and name refer to the Dawn mission to Ceres.)

10 hours ago, Mr. Me said:

We all know how terrible the Albatross 3 is. But where did the first and second ones go? I have a theory this is an easter egg.

Any information on the Ravenspear Mk2 is welcome.

A few species of Albatross 1 and 2 were found recently, hiding in the mountainous region of Kerbin's desert. They got frightened quickly, and ran away. A few times, an Albatross 2 mating call was heard (engines revving), and the calls were usually responded to by a Ravenspear Mk2 aero-spike engine. No calls from Albatross 1's were ever recorded, and it is extremely hard to locate any of the aforementioned species on Kerbin, as they may be near extinction.

Edited by 073198681

14 hours ago, Mr. Me said:

The last Albatross 1 was piloted to extinction by Jeb

Yes, Jebediah Kerman did manage to find, capture and kill an Albatross 1, speculated as the last in existence. It was realized that Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Incorporated was a business kept aloft by poaching- mostly in the areas of the Ravenspear Mk2 (due to it's high-end aerospike). Jebediah Kerman was later captured, fired from the Kerbal Space Center, and incarcerated until execution. The Kerbal Space Center later failed because of that loss, and closed down permanently.

Edited by 073198681

On January 5, 2016 at 6:52 PM, cantab said:

Yeah you're right

• 3 weeks later...

They went to the South Pole, and mutated into flightless birds planes, known as the "Penguins". The Kerbal engineers think they do a better job at sliding down the ice into water than at actual flying...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.