Missing contracts?

I recently opened my KSP save and found all of my active contracts gone. Before I post a bug report or a thread in the tech support forum, is there any recent update (I'm running on Steam, specifically, so I'll have whatever is most recent there) that was anticipated at release time to break contracts in pre-update saves (ie, is this an incompatible feature change, not a bug)? From what I can see, there hasn't been anything since the 1.0.5 hotfix, which came before this, and I can hardly believe that such a thing would be done before the release of 1.1, but if that is the case, I can just find out what the update date was, restore a backup from the day before to a new KSP folder, and keep playing from that point, no need to annoy the bugtracking staff. Otherwise, I'll need to grep through my backups to find my most recent good save so that I can attach that and a broken save to a bug report.

It's a known issue, but that shouldn't stop you adding a bug report if you have the logs from when it happened. Your particular situation might be different, and/or might confirm the source of the problem.

It's happened to me twice. From what I recall, each time I was switching from one craft to another via the map. The buttons for "target" and "switch" were not showing up, so I double-clicked (actually more like triple-clicked) to switch craft. I can't say for sure that this was the moment the contracts disappeared, because I only noticed while manouvering, but another player has described exactly the same situation.

So yes, I'm sure it'll help if you can provide further details. And in the meantime, if the above paragraph sounds familiar, avoid switching between ships by double-clicking...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.