KTS Challange

Build a fully working Space Shuttle that can construct a space station in under an hour. (Time does not matter in the building and testing process)

Easy mode-10 part space station under an hour, and any mods you wish except hyper edit.

Medium mode-20 part space station under an hour, and 5 mods of your liking except hyper edit.

Hard mode-30 part space station under an hour, and no mods whatsoever.

Post pictures of your time, shuttle, and space station so I can see if you completed the challenge or not.

Person who wins gets a cookie!

P.S: I forgot to mention that you can only bring up two modules at a time.

Edited by Kerbonaut.Bacon

7 hours ago, Kerbonaut.Bacon said:

Build a fully working Space Shuttle that can construct a space station in under an hour. (Time does not matter in the building and testing process)

What does it mean "construct a space station"? Spacecrafts can construct things now in KSP? Or do you mean to use the Interplanetary Launchpad mod?

Have you completed that challenge yourself, or at least tried?

Score based on part count can very easily be exploited. Just add a lot of small light weight parts and you get over 30 before you know it. Score based on mass is a much better and more difficult to exploit.

Why the two modules per launch limit? A single module can be a perfectly realistic station. A cupola, a lab, some solar panels and batteries, an antenna and a docking port. Add a few dozen science experiments and you'll have a 30+ part science station. I WIN!

On 1/20/2016 at 4:23 PM, Tex_NL said:

Score based on part count can very easily be exploited. Just add a lot of small light weight parts and you get over 30 before you know it. Score based on mass is a much better and more difficult to exploit.

Why the two modules per launch limit? A single module can be a perfectly realistic station. A cupola, a lab, some solar panels and batteries, an antenna and a docking port. Add a few dozen science experiments and you'll have a 30+ part science station. I WIN!

Thanks for that information, it was my first challenge and I was quite bored at the time so I just wrote a challenge just to let people have some fun. Wasn't really thinking about the exploits and stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.