So when do you think we will get these updates?

A Fat Pokemon

Just more for taking a guess really, and feel free to add your own ideas in.

First off, which is obviously going to be implemented sometime is planets, when do you think they will come?

Second, warp drives ??? Harv had previously made some sort of one I believe, and this would certainly be something fun to play with.

Third, stars. More solar systems you can travel to, and land on their own planets.

Fourth, different galaxies :D The idea of traveling to a completely different galaxy would be extremely thrilling, though the current one the Kerbals are in should be completed first, if that ever happens.

Fifth, some sort of slipspace drive (I know im just basically going up a tech chain, but its still possible for this to be implemented). Travel hrough slip-space at will, Halo style 8)

Sixth, docking. Hopefully self explanatory.

Seventh, building new KSC. With building a new KSC, it could be something like your only allowed to build one on a resource rich planet / moon.

Lastly... No idea :-[

After writing this, it seems it has sort of become a suggestion thread, but its still a guess thread to me, so take a guess guys at when some of these will be implemented, if ever, and add some of your own.

Much of these can be kept track of through the Development threads. Harv has been quite faithful at keeping us apprised at what is coming up next, what is coming soon, and any new ideas he is toying with.

1st: Harv has stated the rocky planets will be instituted next for new worlds to the solar system. I wouldn\'t be surprised if they get added in 0.17. Gas planets are down the road since they require a whole new batch of code for interaction.

2nd: Yes, Harv did create warp drives. However, there is no promise of them actually being added to the game. Some things get made during the development cycle to see if it might be possible. If they are added, they might just be for facilitating faster interplanetary travel. Think EVE Online for this.

3rd: I wouldn\'t expect anything on this until the Kerbol system is finished and polished. As KSP stands, I wouldn\'t mind if it just constituted only the Kerbol system. If Squad feels it is a worthwhile endeavour, they might just consider adding interstellar travel as a later expansion. There are already a few real life designs* for interstellar travel that could be incorporated into the game. Wiki the Orion Project for one example. Whether Squad wants to go a bit further into science fiction for that is up to them. Consider, though, that additional solar systems is a whole new nest of eggs for coding and such that would need to be done. Whether the Unity engine is up to it is also a factor.

4th: I wouldn\'t mind if we could view other galaxies in the sky around Kerbol, but to visit them? I don\'t think so.

5th: See the bit about science fiction under 3rd.

6th: That is coming, it is a project unto itself that has been getting touched on. My forecast? Maybe 0.18

7th: Considering the campaign mode has been mentioned to include maintenance and construction of your main KSC, building a second isn\'t so far fetched. I am hoping that it will be possible to build a munar base from which to launch missions. But this kind of detail I wouldn\'t expect until towards the last quarter of development. I pretty much see KSP as still being in its first quarter still. even with all that\'s been added so far.

*:As in, we can actually implement and build them right now. You can thank current arms treaties for keeping the easier one of them on paper.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. I feel it is prudent to remind you and other newcomers that many of these points have been visited and already talked to death. I don\'t mind sharing on them as it keeps my excitement still a bit high and I do like to help new friends along. I do hope other veterans who share their part here have my patience.

Remember, in KSP failure is always an option. We can always try again.

Much of these can be kept track of through the Development threads. Harv has been quite faithful at keeping us apprised at what is coming up next, what is coming soon, and any new ideas he is toying with.

1st: Harv has stated the rocky planets will be instituted next for new worlds to the solar system. I wouldn\'t be surprised if they get added in 0.14.

You might want to fix that. :P

All these will come eventually, but I wouldn\'t be asking for release dates. In my opinion, I prefer not knowing the next update until they start work on it. It makes it more mystery and excitement. :D

You might want to fix that. :P

All these will come eventually, but I wouldn\'t be asking for release dates. In my opinion, I prefer not knowing the next update until they start work on it. It makes it more mystery and excitement. :D

For me, I find it hard keeping myself away from future updates ;P heh, thats why I made this thread just to see when people think these could possibly implemented.

There have actually been a lot of threads about whether or not there should be different stars to go to. And I say no, only one star is needed. The amount of things that can be done in just a single solar system is far more than most dedicated players could complete. And the game slips further from a simulator with every sci-fi element added.

having another Sun with its own planets would be huge, I\'m sure it would slow processing down but maybe the option for multiple Sun/Galaxys

If there Was a way to have each sun Represent a player and one could visit their galaxy, rather than the persistence file sharing, it would just be Amazing to zoom out of the sun and see surrounding players, but i know multiplayer like that would be far away, just an idea

instead of asking when these features will be implemented, the better question would be \'what do you think version 0.25 will be like?\'

im picturing a fully intergated EVA/IVA system along with docking nicely snug in place, there has been 3 planets added so far and re-entry heat is slated for 0.26 =P

i must remember to check this post when the real 0.25 comes and see how different things are

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.