The Aeromax Mobile Fuel Depot Challenge!

Opinion  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How much use do you think M.F.D's will have?

• I Have No Idea
    • A Lot Of Use
    • Terrible Idea
    • Mediocre Usage

Hello Kerbals and Kerbalinas! (I hope that is how you spell that)

Today I will be making my first challenge! 

It will require some amount of intelligence, speed, and maybe some dumb luck.

The challenge is to make, a Mobile Fuel Depot! A mobile Fuel Depot is a type of "Station" that can change orbits to where it is needed. For example, my Zehonian II is essentially a mobile Mining and Refueling Depot. So, Here are the rules...

1. For it to be a M.F.D, It must be able to exchange orbits and still have fuel for refueling other craft, (I would recommend Ion engines or Mining capabilities)

2. No hyper Edit, Because, Its a little obvious why!

3.It must hold a minimum crew of 4, that amount is also what makes it a "station"

4.Docking capabilities, this one is a bit obvious.

5. Mechjeb and other Mods like this are allowed

6. Visual mods and the K.A.S / K.I.S Mods are allowed.

7. No cheats! (Please, it is meant to be tough)

8.It can either be sent up in one go or constructed in orbit, I really don't care.

Classes of M.F.D's

INTER-KERBIN SYSTEM CLASS

1._________________

2._________________

3._________________

4._________________

5._________________

INNER-KERBOL SYSTEM CLASS

1.__________________

2.__________________

3.__________________

4.__________________

5.__________________

OUTER-KERBOL SYSTEM CLASS

1.Jetski with the first M.F.D! It checks out and looks PRETTY!

2.__________________

3.__________________

4.__________________

5.__________________

INTER-STELLAR CLASS  (Modded Class)

1._________________

2._________________

3._________________

4._________________

5._________________

If you guys have any questions about what mods wont get you into the Inter-Stellar class. Just ask me and show me the Mod:D

By the way, The potential use for a M.F.D is that it is cheaper than sending a bunch of Refueling Depots all over the place, just send a mobile one!

Good Luck to you all! (And I might have to put in an entry myself...)

Edited by Obsidian_mc
First Contender!

• 1 month later...

@JW2016 I would like it to be manned, also, I thought this challenge was dead. :0.0: Suprised some people found it honestly... Huh, Gonna have to update the rules a little...

@SR Yeah, It seems simple enough, but it sounds a little complicated, you need mining Drones, An ISRU Unit that stays in orbit, the crew headquarters... The list goes on... So, Yeah, I already have my "Moderator Entry" Up and running. Well, Almost, Testing it on my Career Save, seems to work pretty well. 

Obsidian, Out

Here's one.  Over 5K dV, more if you fill the ore tanks.  Klaw so it can refuel from asteroids and dock with any ship (ports or no).  I included 4 escape pods for returning to Kerbin if needed.  Also an open docking port on the front for hauling an ore scanning satellite with you if needed. Can fly literally anywhere in system, and refuel from any vacuum body except Tylo, although Moho is a sketchy landing.  Uses either Gigantor panels or fuel cells if light is difficult.

5 hours ago, Jetski said:

Here's one.  Over 5K dV, more if you fill the ore tanks.  Klaw so it can refuel from asteroids and dock with any ship (ports or no).  I included 4 escape pods for returning to Kerbin if needed.  Also an open docking port on the front for hauling an ore scanning satellite with you if needed. Can fly literally anywhere in system, and refuel from any vacuum body except Tylo, although Moho is a sketchy landing.  Uses either Gigantor panels or fuel cells if light is difficult.

OMG SO COOL! JETSKI!

*Ahem* Alright, this will go in the Outer-Kerbol System Class. Nice job Jetski! 

Yeah...You are, in my opinion, one of the coolest pilots around. Flying through the Kerbol System with Val, YOU ARE LEGEND! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.