Tiger 1 Ausf. E Stock Tank Replica (Zokesia Re-release 1.0.5)

Jon144

8PVp35L.jpg

Pz.KPfw. VI Ausf. E - Tiger I (Early Production)

Designers: Zekes and Jon144

The Tiger was one of the best known tanks of all time. It was a German Heavy Tank of World War II. 1300 were built, and amassed a staggering 10:1 kill ratio in combat. 

What is different about this re-release of a legend?

Originally designed by Zekes but has been updated and improved to work and function with KSP version 1.0.5

The last release of the Zokesian Tiger 1 had a faulty poor rotating turret as pointed out by MajorJim. This "144" version comes with one of my own custom designed rotors to guarantee a smoother and more reliably slewing turret. The overall part-count of the replica has been reduced to 505 parts. This still sounds like a lot but is a huge reduction from the original. It should be able to run better on lower end computers. Be advised though that this thing is heavy and huge. To avoid glitchiness and possible structural failure make sure to drive this replica carefully. Although being almost completely re-designed structurally great care went into preserving Zeke's astounding cosmetic job. You shouldn't be able to see obvious differences from the outside.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4z1lug0s063nhs/Tiger%201%20Ausf_%20E%20%28144%29.craft?dl=0

Edited by Jon144

It's completely redesigned but built off of the base of Zeke's design. I had been working on this for a LONG time. But I never released it. Now I made something good out of what he started. It wasn't worth completely starting over in this case because cosmetically I at least and don't think anyone else can rival the original cosmetics of this tank. Now it actually works in the ways you would have expected the originals to.

Anyways if you think i'm not doing anything new with my hinges think again! This is just giving people a teaser. 

I think the tank looks good and works well, my only criticisms are the part count, I think a lot of unnecessary parts were used, like two monoprop tanks instead of a single mk0 or mk1 liquid tank in the bearing, plus all the plates. My other problem was the probe core controlling the body was backwards, so the tank went forward with s instead of w.

Still it's a lot more detailed than my T-54 which has a similar functionality but only 150 parts, I guess it would be too hard to strip and replace the outside so you could use the no offset limits mod to get rid of most of the interior parts and keep the look of Zekes original. I know the symmetry can get really confused when doing that.

12 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I think the tank looks good and works well, my only criticisms are the part count, I think a lot of unnecessary parts were used, like two monoprop tanks instead of a single mk0 or mk1 liquid tank in the bearing, plus all the plates. My other problem was the probe core controlling the body was backwards, so the tank went forward with s instead of w.

Still it's a lot more detailed than my T-54 which has a similar functionality but only 150 parts, I guess it would be too hard to strip and replace the outside so you could use the no offset limits mod to get rid of most of the interior parts and keep the look of Zekes original. I know the symmetry can get really confused when doing that.

Yeah don't question that bearing! It's actually a super old one from last year. I tried making a new one for it but found that one worked perfectly. So it was worth it's outdated design. And as you say there's a lot of unnecessary parts... You should download and try the original. It's all about perspective! Its about 100 parts less than the original. Its parts are as lowered as possible without starting over entirely. And I work in full stock KSP so I can't use the no offsets.

Edited by Jon144

20 minutes ago, Jon144 said:

Yeah don't question that bearing! It's actually a super old one from last year. I tried making a new one for it but found that one worked perfectly. So it was worth it's outdated design. And as you say there's a lot of unnecessary parts... You should download and try the original. It's all about perspective! Its about 100 parts less than the original. Its parts are as lowered as possible without starting over entirely. And I work in full stock KSP so I can't use the no offsets.

You know the no offset limits mod does not produce modified craft, KerbalX and KSP will still see it as entirely stock? It only removes artificial limits in the editor, the game engine is quite happy with it and anyone running pure vanilla will never even know you used it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.