[Win][With Auto-Updater!] Kerbal Space Program: Mod Manager

That's great and thanks for responding. I was thinking of creating a utility just like this, but I can see there's no need. You could also use that date as an additional metadata column about the plugin to show when it was uploaded (in addition to version).

Yeah. Thanks for the feedback. And if you where thinking about creating your own utility, if it's in VB.net. Feel free to send me a PM contributing something you want added. Credits will be given where credit is needed of course.

In fact, several people have already done this, and I think it's a great idea to involve the community. :)

Hehe, alright. Thanks. Added for the next version. Will release later sometime when there's more to release.

I can confirm that the duplicate "PART {" regexp bug is effecting more than just the Kethane mod. It's kind of a big issue in the current version. :( Or at least the version I have which I think is the latest.

A few other ideas for features to toss in:

-Highlight enabled mods green in the list or disabled mods red

-(already mentioned before) Trim the "upload_date_" portion of downloaded Spaceport zip files, if it's present (although this is admittedly not that important..)

Alright, point taken. Got any idea for what kind of green or red you would like? Having pure red and green, I'm not sure how would work too well.

I can trip the "upload_date_" portion fairly easy. Al tough, I'm not sure what I can do about the date. It's possible, but it may take some longer time.

So I might hold off with that. We'll see.

As of now, I'll release the next version shortly after posting this.

Thanks for the input.

Edit: Version 1.5.6.3 is released. PART{ } wrapper regex is now included. And I added the request about making enabled mods appear as green. I also made the Stock parts blue.

And now to work on the "upload_date_" thing. But no promises. I personally haven't had that much trouble with it.

On another note, I made the new KSPMM front page into a redirect page. It will lead to the old site. Which I updated a small bit.

I'll use this site again for now, until I can sort out another host.

Edited by Norway174

Probably just a subtle tinted red or green would be nice, something like #75FF9E or #FF695B. Yeah, trimming that upload_date from the zip filename is more than sufficient. (Hard to complain for a free tool!)

Edit - wow, already got all of that in there... pretty cool, thanks for taking up the suggestions!

Edited by Garoad

Looks like there's an issue with enabling certain mods, using some mods such as http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/caterpillar-tracks/ , http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/28273-0-19-M-M-M-%28Modular-Magnetic-Module%29-0-20 or ISA_MapSat_Unofficial. When enabled the manager locks up and says "Scanning Virtual KSP Folder" at the bottom. Needs to be killed in task manager to break out of it.

I think it's from the recent change, since the previous version worked when I was enabling those mods.

In most cases it seems to be mods where the part config files start with comments, or in the Caterpillar tracks case it looks like this which I imagine might throw off parsing:

PART(OvalInvertableOneSidedTrack)

Edited by Garoad

I noticed that too. That a certain mod was stuck on "Scanning Virtual KSP Folder" for a really long time. Had to kill it with Task Manager too. But I figured it was maybe a really large mod, although, it didn't seem any bigger than other ones, so I didn't think much more of it.

Anything more you might notice when it hangs up could be useful. Or a pattern either in KSPMM itself of the mod files. I just don't have the time to do such a process now. I may have the time t fix it, if I knew what it was.

Current Mods i know that this software stuck on "Scanning Virtual; KSP Folder"

Basekit Inflatable Module

Extra Planatary Lunchpad 1.1

Firespitter

HL Airship 2.0.2

ISA Map Sat 3.3.4

Kosmos SSPP R4.32

KW Rocketry 2.4

Novapunch 1.5 Beta

Soviet Pack v1.8.5

TT Modular Wheels 0.5.0.2

PS: Fooled a bit with archives (and KSPMM files (with winrar) removed some non needed files ans sometimes Saves,ships ... but dint fix the problem am trying to help but i cant pin point the reason of the stall

I'm not a VB person but can't you use the debugger to step through the code doing the parsing line by line to see where it's getting stuck? Seems like some infinite loop.

Edit - Tried grabbing the source to debug this myself but I think only an old version is posted.

Edited by Garoad

I'll take a look at it later. right now I'm working on the front page of KSPMM. So right now, it's down. So sadly, the downloads are down. And so are all the other KSPMM online features, except for Bridge.

I'll try and get everything back online ASAP. Then I'll see about fixing that bug, and releasing it.

Any one got a mirror link of the latest version?
Any chance for a link to the newest version?

No need for that. As of this moment, http://kspmm.norway174.com is back up online! So you can go grab the newest version.

And with great news, registrations do work now! Al tough, it serves no purpose as of yet, but I noticed a ton of people had tried to sign up on the old site. But registrations was broken back then. Now it works.

Installing B9 Aerospace with KSPMM fails in that some directories containing parts are not installed. The problem is these directories do not have a part.cfg file inside them, but instead files like (in Structure_Ladders-Railings) L1_Ladder.cfg.

I'm unsure how to fix this - I tried replacing IsPart with this:

Function IsPart(ByVal FolderToCheck As String)

Return Directory.GetFiles(FolderToCheck, "*.cfg").Length > 0

End Function

But then all spaces and props are also placed in the parts folder. Looking at the .cfg files it seems they always start with 0 or more empty lines or lines with comments, followed by PART. Armed with this new information, I made this revision to IsPart:

Function IsPart(ByVal FolderToCheck As String)

Dim cfgs = Directory.GetFiles(FolderToCheck, "*.cfg")

For Each cfg In cfgs

Dim cfgFile = File.ReadAllLines(cfg)

For Each line In cfgFile

If System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.IsMatch(line, "^\s*PART") Then

Return True

End If

Next

Next

Return False

End Function

It might not be perfect, but it does seem to work properly in this case. This code is licensed under WTFPLv2, so feel free to use it however you may want to.

No need for that. As of this moment, http://kspmm.norway174.com is back up online! So you can go grab the newest version.

And with great news, registrations do work now! Al tough, it serves no purpose as of yet, but I noticed a ton of people had tried to sign up on the old site. But registrations was broken back then. Now it works.

I can't run the installer file I just downloaded on the website. I'm running Windows 8 and I get a message stating that I cannot run this file on my PC. I guess it's Win 8-related so I tried compatibility mode with 7, XP, 98 and 95, but no fortune. .NET is installed and up to date.

Surprisingly, when I click on the Download link and chose "Open" instead of "Save" in my browser, I get another warning (Microsoft .NET Framework : impossible to find part of the path) but I can choose to continue, and KSPMM will open (without installation), though it won't work properlyy (the error will pop again on several actions). Some sentences of the error are in French but most of it is in English, please tell me if translation is needed somewhere.

I don't know if any other KSPMM version would work better, this is the first time I try to install it on this PC. I'd be grateful to anyone who could help here!

Edited by Korb Biakustra

@Korb Biakustra: What...? Wow, how? French? Really? I don't even know French.

And it's not an installer. It's the actual program. Download, and place it in the KSP folder. Eventough it should work if placed anywhere. It just won't start KSP or install the mods in the right location.

I have no idea what that Error code says... Since it's in French. But I noticed the location was in a temp folder. I'm not 100% sure, but that could be it.

Try moving it in the KSP folder, and try again. You could also try to run it as administrator, if KSP is located in Programfiles folder. Since KSPMM is moving around files, mod files. But it has caused some problems in the past, with being in the Programfiles folder.

@Korb Biakustra: What...? Wow, how? French? Really? I don't even know French.

And it's not an installer. It's the actual program. Download, and place it in the KSP folder. Eventough it should work if placed anywhere. It just won't start KSP or install the mods in the right location.

I have no idea what that Error code says... Since it's in French. But I noticed the location was in a temp folder. I'm not 100% sure, but that could be it.

Try moving it in the KSP folder, and try again. You could also try to run it as administrator, if KSP is located in Programfiles folder. Since KSPMM is moving around files, mod files. But it has caused some problems in the past, with being in the Programfiles folder.

Sorry for the French bits. As I said, most of the error is in English and the French parts are either what I translated in the link ("impossible to find part of the path"), or Windows logorrhea. :P

The folder C:\users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\GameData that is referred to is actually missing, but I don't even understand why this folder is required. The fact is that I just get this message when trying to open directly the .exe file when I download it with my web browser, not after having saved it in a regular folder. When I do that and save the file in my KSP folder, which I guess is the normal procedure, then I just get this Windows 8 message stating that "this application cannot be executed on my PC". Even when trying to execute as administrator (forgot to say that I tried it in my previous message, sorry). :/ The message is displayed not in a regular window, but in a fullscreen Windows 8 charm. That's why I initially associated it with a compatibility issue with Windows 8, but I may be wrong.

Edited by Korb Biakustra

Apparently this was due to file corruption. I redownloaded the file and this time it has a specific icon, by contrast to the previously downloaded file. It does launch and propose editing the registry, which I approved. However, it seems it cannot connects to the server. Here is what the Welcome screen says when it pops up:

Not Found

The requested URL /BehindTheScenes/welcomePage/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at kspmm.norway174.com Port 80

I already tried with firewall turned off. Any ideas?

@Korb Biakustra: It's nothing. The reason you're seeing that is because I moved that WelcomePage on my web-server. And I haven't updated the url yet. It's just a welcome screen. Not really that important at this moment.

Hopefully quick issue I need help with: I am getting an error that says the followingâ€â€

Association: KSPMM has detected that Filetype And Protocol are not associated with KSPMM. Or the location of KSPMM has changed.

Before you ask: yes, kspmm.exe is in my KSP main folder, so the location hasn't been changed.

I'm not that stupid...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.