ValCab33's random stuff hangar

ValCab33

After almost 1200h on the game and a lot of planes, I thought I should maybe do some sort of random stuff repository here :)
And I have the same sort of topic on an other KSP forum, and I want some more feedback and maybe some advice for improvements ?
So, here comes nothing:

Hello and welcome to this hangar ! :D

Here I will post some of the nice and/or stupid tings I build. It will be mostly planes, plane-ish crafts, weird things, and planes. I'm not super good at building rockets (the furthest I went is Dres I think), and even worse at SSTO's, so I don't have a lot of interesting crafts of these types.
For the moment I will sort from the oldest to most recent craft, and maaayyyybe, if asked, put downloads. Though I don't know why would someone want to download these
Anyways, to the actual stuff, that's why you're here right ?

First, the X-2 (oh yeah, I'm bad at names): my first really good plane, this guy was the fastest plane I built at this time, topping at 1820 m/s (it was in 0.24 I think)

Spoiler

UtncbBV.jpg

Then, a lot of unsuccessful attemps at flying things. Then I reached 500h, and I made this Mirage 2000 replica. It was my first replica that actually looked good. (0.25 if I remember well)

Spoiler

Then I did more things:

The Konstellation, a VTOL SSTMun using LLL, heavily inspired by Star Citizen's Constellation

Spoiler

X36oLrl.jpg
CIwHwSt.jpg

This spaceship that if you know where it comes from, then you're awesome:

Spoiler

mlZjOkG.jpg

Then, 0.90 came out. And I decided to start a new line of planes. The ABX series. Combining uncommon designs with good maneuvrability, multipurpose and easy to use.
The first one is the AB-02 (yeah I know it's not ABX, and it's the first one so why is it 02, the thing is that at this time I didn't know I'd make more)

Spoiler

Approved by Jeb
kML3Ptx.jpg

It doesn't seem like it, but was very maneuvrable. Before.
RFVqVOE.jpg

Seaplane version
5lJ6EbQ.jpg

VTOL version (KAX):
XsTmv6I.jpg

And I even manage to take it around the world !

Then there's this replica I did of the GAF-1 Varcolac from Ace Combat Join Assault:

Spoiler

aKCFIFp.jpg

And then there's this: my first Big plane, the Pegasus IV was a long-range cargo plane that was actually a bomber (but don't tell the KSC on the other side off Kerbin, they might get angry)

Spoiler

Theeen 1.0 came out. And with it, Mk3 parts. So I did a replica-ish of the VC-10, an old-ish Brittish liner:

Spoiler

xqBbXwW.jpg

Why the VC-10 ? Cuz we have the same initials bruh

Next is the ABX-03. One day, I asked myself, "what if I put 2 cockpits side-by-side instead of one behind the other ?" ...and I did this:

Spoiler

This thing was so maneuvrable, I didn't even understood why. It could dodge missiles just by doing tight loops, take off at only 40 m/s, do all kinds of stunts... then the atmosphere got changed again, and it was just a maneuvrable plane.
Huh.

Anyways, next is the Pegasus V: a medium ranged heavy cargo plane, reboot of the Pegasus IV, but using Mk3 parts:

Spoiler

Then, some less interesting stuff, including a 'meh' Harrier replica, and an over-made STS with Orion. Until this:

Spoiler

This is M-21, an SR-71 Blackbird modified to carry D-21, a recon drone capable of flying at Mach 3.3, 27km above the ground.

Then I tried to make the F-15 ACTIVE, an F-15 modified by the NASA for studies on super-maneuvrability:

Spoiler

ins2h9q.png

Next is the Pegasus X: a long range scientific research and exploration plane. Can go everywhere on Kerbin. And come back.

Spoiler

Then, I, uh, did some sort of... experimentation with fairings as fuselages...

Spoiler

And I did a small P-38 Lightning:

Spoiler

RqrKEi7.jpg

After all this repurposed bovine waste, I continued the ABX series, with the ABX-04:

Spoiler

Z1QIZMj.jpg
l0rIN0v.png
uPsQpsT.png
JmgDDn5.png

Change plane type by changing engines ! Put the basic jets, you have a nice aerobatics training plane. Put the Panthers (depicted as BahamutoD's Vectors, it was pre-1.0.5), and you have a fast and freakingly maneuvrabe plane. Put the Turbo Jets, and you have a racer that can handle some of the hardest turns you can give him (but with low autonomy). Anyways, it's awesome to play around with.

Also, this...

Spoiler

HblNOSY.jpgThe P-6 'Rainbow Dash'. All tests ended with explosions. TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHERahem there are kids here you know.

(At this moment, I realize I may have posted a bit too much stuff)

Now, the fast. The lightweight. The boring-looking. The maneuvrable. ABX-05.

Spoiler

w5IYhCb.png
Ph7eugN.png
5rGSGB8.png

Going from 0 to 100m/s in only a few seconds, and taking off in... a second and a half (the half is to avoid hitting the engines), it still needs some work, especially with weight placement.

Another replica, the infamous, short-winged, widow-maker: the F-104 Starfighter

Spoiler

MCAXAtj.png

NGss1rs.png

Another, other replica, that I think could use some improvements: the F-16C Fighting Falcon

Spoiler

wzo4R2m.png

Sub14wW.png

RZ7Dsko.png

eE6irav.png

And then, BDArmory 0.10 came out. With missile turrets. So I tried to make a thing that kinda looks like the Spiridus, a giant airborne fortress from Ace Combat Joint Assault (I liked this game):

Spoiler

gePIy6F.png

m9Z0Kcm.png

lx2Kq5d.png

r14wc8b.png

Mods used: BDArmory, OPT Space planes, B9 Procedural parts

Equipped with 24 engines, 14 AA guns, 4 8-missiles turrets, 4 rocket turrets, 2 ground-strike lasers, a Howitzer cannon and an AA cannon, this big guy isn't kidding. But it is lagging.

And, the last but not least, the XF-358.
Experimental multipurpose plane, it can be equipped for all kinds of missions, and is maybe my favourite design. And it has an awesome cockpit, really nice work on that IVA Bahamuto.

Spoiler

Rbh7QuJ.png

NBHOBbh.png

ukCRsSe.png

Aaaand that's about it for now. I, uh, didn't think I had that much stuff to show, but, uh, yeah :blush:

Anyways, please leave some feedback, and maybe some advice for improvements ? Thanks alot :D

Edited by ValCab33

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.