Learning Javascript

flying_chair

I did that last year, one of the guys went a bit insane and thought he could become rich with a super-easy website I could make in 2 hours just from ads, a bit later I found out that he was a giant s-hole and didn\'t help him to fail...

Hey guys, just though I might let you know, I\'m starting to learn javascript!

:) :) :)

That\'s cool. I started out with JS in my first year of Uni. It\'s a strange language but it\'s not too bad.

I still like to use it if I want to do something real quick.

Sweet one of the things that got me started was codeacademy.com while it is a bit hand holding the exercises are nice and its free. Imo its better than some of the youtube series I have tried.

I hear the Arduino software is a lot like Java, so I\'d guess you can take the experience you may or may not have from there and apply it to your Java stuffs.

Arduino programming is based upon Processing.org which is sort of a language of its own... interpreted by a Java program, with a Java-like syntax.

However, Java =/= JavaScript.

I\'m also using codeacademy, it would be nice if they offered PHP tutorials, though. I\'m also updating my HTML/CSS skills on codeacademy.

If you want to learn all the web stuff, you can\'t go wrong with www.w3schools.com. I still use it as a reference whenever I am doing any web development.

Hmm i always take w3schools.com with a grain of salt http://w3fools.com/

Hmm. I just use it as a reference... Like when I need to know some HTML tag attributes or whatever. I don\'t bother with any of the testing or certification shit. I just find it easier to navigate than many of the other sites I\'ve tried.

Actually... that link you posted suggests some pretty awesome looking alternatives. Screw w3schools...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.