Hab: 6062 - (Series In Development)

V8jester

HAB: 6062

At the suggestion of Legoclone09, I'm starting a thread for ideas, suggestions and general discussion of an upcoming KSP series I'd like to start doing. It's going to be called HAB: 6062 (no significance - Just the numbers on one of a Nebula decals) Here's a Teaser trailer of what you can expect to see.

The main Ideas I'm trying to sort out are

(1) Speech / no speech?

(2) Ongoing storyline / new story every episode? The goal is 10 minutes or less an episode.

(3) Plain English / Scrambled kerbal speak with subtitles? - This is a tricky one as I'm currently the only person working on this endeavor.

(4) Stranded crew or intrepid explorers?

(5) What do you crazy people want to see?

Goals

(1) Very Kerbal animation heavy - Also movement of several Kerbals at once using EVA Fallowers and Kerbal Animation Suite

(2) Introduction of something new every so often

(3) Light comedy but mostly serious maybe even a little dramatic.... we'll see

Edited by V8jester

12 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I'd like story to be connected and the Kerbals to speak gibberish with subtitles. I did love the first part, though, and the way you made the trailer on the truck with KAS was awesome. I'll go steal that sometime.

Wait until you see the ship that brings the hab to Laythe ;)

While the gibberish with subtitles would really make my life easier. Part of me wants to do them silent or with multiple English voices but the "English" part makes it less internationally friendly and there are some Russian / Chinese viewers on my channel.

This next video I'm currently working on may end up being voiceless  and subtitless for now. And as interest in the "show" grows / dies I will see what to do with it.

I've also considered having other you tubers like hookswords and av9joe collaborate on the voices if they had any interest in the project

Edited by V8jester

I say They were intrepid explorers, but their transport craft crashes due to engine failure and they are essentially stranded without outsider help. Now they have to figure out a way to survive and to find a way to communicate with Kerbin so they can be rescued. Since this was only supposed to last a couple of months... but soon there are things living on Laythe that they did not know about... I also agree on Kerbal Speak.  I also want to see some spectacular cut scenes from the Laythe environment. Because Dang, Laythe is one beautiful moon. And maybe an action cinematic of the Transport crashing nearby. That truck could come in handy with salvage... I really dont care if you take my idea or not. I would just be cool for a great cutscene maker like you to reply to this :D

Obsidian, out... 

5 minutes ago, Obsidian_mc said:

I say They were intrepid explorers, but their transport craft crashes due to engine failure and they are essentially stranded without outsider help. Now they have to figure out a way to survive and to find a way to communicate with Kerbin so they can be rescued. Since this was only supposed to last a couple of months... but soon there are things living on Laythe that they did not know about... I also agree on Kerbal Speak.  I also want to see some spectacular cut scenes from the Laythe environment. Because Dang, Laythe is one beautiful moon. And maybe an action cinematic of the Transport crashing nearby. That truck could come in handy with salvage... I really dont care if you take my idea or not. I would just be cool for a great cutscene maker like you to reply to this :D

Obsidian, out... 

I like your idea of Finding other things living, But I am not good at building big giant IR robot monsters. Achroma wins hands down on that one :) My other hang up is finding something else "living"... I wish there was a mod to make "aliens" I mean the Kerbals are already alien, but you know what I mean. And the dead kraken is on the Mun so that doesn't work out well either. Now Jool is a big ship killing monstrosity so there could be something that goes wrong with the Odysseus there.... Just spit balling here really. Kinda feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I've got the props just not solid story to use them in. So far everybody likes the subtitles (surprisingly) I honestly assumed everybody would hate subtitles. But English speaking Kerbals also looks kinda funny I know :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add it to the blender of thought spinning around

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

I like your idea of Finding other things living, But I am not good at building big giant IR robot monsters. Achroma wins hands down on that one :) My other hang up is finding something else "living"... I wish there was a mod to make "aliens" I mean the Kerbals are already alien, but you know what I mean. And the dead kraken is on the Mun so that doesn't work out well either. Now Jool is a big ship killing monstrosity so there could be something that goes wrong with the Odysseus there.... Just spit balling here really. Kinda feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I've got the props just not solid story to use them in. So far everybody likes the subtitles (surprisingly) I honestly assumed everybody would hate subtitles. But English speaking Kerbals also looks kinda funny I know :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add it to the blender of thought spinning around

Thanks! I am very glad you responded so quickly to this! and Yeah, Jool can tend to swallow ships without a second thought...:rolleyes: But, I have 1 more idea, instead of aliens, maybe the crew has to survive the elements or maybe even internal fighting! Laythe is pretty, but its pretty "salty". :D *Badum, Psh!* yeah, yeah, but bad jokes aside, Laythe can be hostile sometimes, that much salt cant be good on any type of craft over long periods, and it surely isnt healthy for kerbals to breath Laythes air. Plus, it tends to get REALLY cold there, and the smaller atmosphere means more things like radiation (Less than in space around Kerbin of course, but you get the idea) and Asteroids entering Laythes atmo. Maybe even competing survivors from the ship crash or even other Habs could be the enemies of our intrepid crew! Anyway, This story looks like it can be something great, and it will with you making it!

Obsidian, Out...

2 minutes ago, Obsidian_mc said:

Thanks! I am very glad you responded so quickly to this! and Yeah, Jool can tend to swallow ships without a second thought...:rolleyes: But, I have 1 more idea, instead of aliens, maybe the crew has to survive the elements or maybe even internal fighting! Laythe is pretty, but its pretty "salty". :D *Badum, Psh!* yeah, yeah, but bad jokes aside, Laythe can be hostile sometimes, that much salt cant be good on any type of craft over long periods, and it surely isnt healthy for kerbals to breath Laythes air. Plus, it tends to get REALLY cold there, and the smaller atmosphere means more things like radiation (Less than in space around Kerbin of course, but you get the idea) and Asteroids entering Laythes atmo. Maybe even competing survivors from the ship crash or even other Habs could be the enemies of our intrepid crew! Anyway, This story looks like it can be something great, and it will with you making it!

Obsidian, Out...

I appreciate that, thanks!

Well I'm kinda stalling right now to get as much feedback from everybody as I can. Got a few complaints about the music. But I think there were more people that actually liked it. Music is such a pain using the free stuff sometimes. "Space pirates" hu hmmm we are stealing a lot of material from another certain "Martian" movie..... anyways I digress.

I appreciate that, thanks!

Well I'm kinda stalling right now to get as much feedback from everybody as I can. Got a few complaints about the music. But I think there were more people that actually liked it. Music is such a pain using the free stuff sometimes. "Space pirates" hu hmmm we are stealing a lot of material from another certain "Martian" movie..... anyways I digress.

Heh, Guess I am sorta stealing a Tiny bit of content from the movie, but it isn't  a single guy alone on Mars-I mean Duna. Its a crew stuck on an isolated moon around a distant gas giant. But, the idea of Space pirates seems interesting...Hmmmm. Since my channel will be opening at around summer time. (School is a pain in my bright green ### right now) I might start making movies too. From Minecraft to Fallout 4 and even KSP! I wasnt gonna do KSP at first because I used to suck at it. but now I am doing much better! (Well, my Aeromax recruits on Minmus might disagree, but they are new and only saw a single explosion)( and maybe 1 or 2 crash landings...) But I also Digress, The main point is, this movie/series you are making is gonna be great! I just hope it isn't like some cheesy Serious but comedic thing. :P 

Obsidian, out 

Heh, Guess I am sorta stealing a Tiny bit of content from the movie, but it isn't  a single guy alone on Mars-I mean Duna. Its a crew stuck on an isolated moon around a distant gas giant. But, the idea of Space pirates seems interesting...Hmmmm. Since my channel will be opening at around summer time. (School is a pain in my bright green ### right now) I might start making movies too. From Minecraft to Fallout 4 and even KSP! I wasnt gonna do KSP at first because I used to suck at it. but now I am doing much better! (Well, my Aeromax recruits on Minmus might disagree, but they are new and only saw a single explosion)( and maybe 1 or 2 crash landings...) But I also Digress, The main point is, this movie/series you are making is gonna be great! I just hope it isn't like some cheesy Serious but comedic thing. :P 

Obsidian, out 

That's why I'm a bit gun shy to start adding dialogue. You can really make or break the cinematic parts with cheesy dialogue. Well hey if you need some help / tips or whatever when you start your channel let me know.

Just now, V8jester said:

That's why I'm a bit gun shy to start adding dialogue. You can really make or break the cinematic parts with cheesy dialogue. Well hey if you need some help / tips or whatever when you start your channel let me know.

Yeah, the channel is off to a terrible start, wrong name was put in, I have no idea how to make the videos :D, and I have no time at all. (No privacy either) So it has to be completely rebuilt. But yeah, once it gets started, it will be home to Lets plays, game plays, cinematic's, and Movies! It will be wonderful, planning on bringing plenty of guests onto these movies and little series'. Heck, maybe you could be one in my KSP Series'! :cool:

Obsidian, out  

10 minutes ago, Obsidian_mc said:

Yeah, the channel is off to a terrible start, wrong name was put in, I have no idea how to make the videos :D, and I have no time at all. (No privacy either) So it has to be completely rebuilt. But yeah, once it gets started, it will be home to Lets plays, game plays, cinematic's, and Movies! It will be wonderful, planning on bringing plenty of guests onto these movies and little series'. Heck, maybe you could be one in my KSP Series'! :cool:

Obsidian, out  

Actually I have a really sweet MC on/off fireplace door I tried to do a tutorial on a while back. Took it down and now I lost the whole video :P Maybe we could build that together for a lets play. Be a change of pace.

Actually I have a really sweet MC on/off fireplace door I tried to do a tutorial on a while back. Took it down and now I lost the whole video :P Maybe we could build that together for a lets play. Be a change of pace.

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING :D! *Ahem* I mean, I would love to do that with you! I have a pretty good knowledge of Minecraft Architecture. I mean, I rarely play it since my keyboard is so weird, I cant sprint nor crouch very well. But yeah, that would be awesome! Not to brag, but my MC skin is amazing! 

Obsidian, out 

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING :D! *Ahem* I mean, I would love to do that with you! I have a pretty good knowledge of Minecraft Architecture. I mean, I rarely play it since my keyboard is so weird, I cant sprint nor crouch very well. But yeah, that would be awesome! Not to brag, but my MC skin is amazing! 

Obsidian, out 

Well when you're up that. PM me a server login and I'll see if I can help you out. I still need a headset but I can be the silent creepy dude for now I guess :)

3 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Well when you're up that. PM me a server login and I'll see if I can help you out. I still need a headset but I can be the silent creepy dude for now I guess :)

Oooooh, creepy :D Yeah, maybe this weekend, since that's when I have time these days for gaming, *sigh* what I would give to be 5 again. No responsibilities. Yeah, I might make a comdedy series based around valentina teaching a bunch of Aeromax recruits how to space! But ultimately fails at every moment, I mean, they have survived several crash landings, survived in the debris from their old base, lived in a cramped Hab module, with 1 person having to sit on the Observation deck. They have not had a good time. (Besides seeing the Sceince labs blowing up on impact a few Kilometers away. that was cool. :sticktongue:) The series, in my opinion, would be hilarious! and a good place to "learn" the basics of Aeromax industries space exploration. I mean, its also 4 Female Kerbals and 1 Guy Kerbal. (I plan on making him gay, btw, I am not good at romance) So, yeah, that is the basic outline for the series. What do you think?

Obsidian, out

3 minutes ago, Obsidian_mc said:

Oooooh, creepy :D Yeah, maybe this weekend, since that's when I have time these days for gaming, *sigh* what I would give to be 5 again. No responsibilities. Yeah, I might make a comdedy series based around valentina teaching a bunch of Aeromax recruits how to space! But ultimately fails at every moment, I mean, they have survived several crash landings, survived in the debris from their old base, lived in a cramped Hab module, with 1 person having to sit on the Observation deck. They have not had a good time. (Besides seeing the Sceince labs blowing up on impact a few Kilometers away. that was cool. :sticktongue:) The series, in my opinion, would be hilarious! and a good place to "learn" the basics of Aeromax industries space exploration. I mean, its also 4 Female Kerbals and 1 Guy Kerbal. (I plan on making him gay, btw, I am not good at romance) So, yeah, that is the basic outline for the series. What do you think?

Obsidian, out

Well The basic outline sounds kinda cool. I will not touch on my personal opinions of a certain Kerbal's life choices... (Nuf said)

Yeah romance and KSP would be really tough :)

Well The basic outline sounds kinda cool. I will not touch on my personal opinions of a certain Kerbal's life choices... (Nuf said)

Yeah romance and KSP would be really tough :)

Yeah, The 2 dont really mix unless its a person writing a Fan Fic between Val and Jeb, I mean. MAN! Those two are shipped beyond belief! :D But yeah, it is going to have a lot of comedy and maybe a few 4th wall breaks somewhere in there...:wink:

Oh yeah, I also own a Spacecraft thread, its uh, *ahem* not very popular. But hey, Havent posted anything as of yet, so, yeah. But I will be posting career friendly ship designs and other things.

Obsidian, out

• 7 months later...

So I have been buried at work and IRL. But the desire to continue this series is still there.

My help bailed on me so that was another hinderance for any new material / storyline and a second set of hands to deal with all the kerbal animating. The I think 2 I used in the first episode took me like 2 hours to build, for a 2 second scene. But I have a couple new interior sets built (conference room galley and a storage area) also a working prototype of a new aircraft for rapid transportation around the surface. With a pretty sweet hanger / unfolding animation thanks to IR. The new ship has some in dev parts from Zodius. So I think I will wait until he releases them to the wild before I revive the series.

Just wanted to at the very least poke this thread. And declare I wanna keep going. Just been super busy. And my brain feels like mush when I get home from work.

So....

I have several new vehicles and buildings built for a (hopefully soon to begin new episode) just spit balling here what do you guys think of these general notes / descriptions not having seen anything yet?

New facility on Laythe (substantially larger than the HAB)
(New) K.A.S.T.L.E. - Kerbal Allied Space Transport Logistics and Equipment

Ships
(Shown) Odysseus (Odee)- Heavy Transport Ship
(New) T-Rav - Twin Rotor Aerial Vehicle
(Shown) U2V - Unpressurized Utility Vehicle
(New) PLV (Heavy) - Pressurized Lifting Vehicle

I like the format for the names especially T-Rav. Just not sure about the others.

Edited by V8jester

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made the episode. "Gate Crasher" Feel like I left out a lot! I did no kerbal animations this time around so I kinda feel like I didn't make a complete video. Also feel like I rushed through a lot of the new facility. Well, I have another new vehicle for the next installment :) one of my tallest and most capable cranes yet.

Just to get the gears turning.

190tons

16 wheels

Deployable jib with adjustable angle.

6 IR Extendatron boom

3 IR hinge reinforced boom pivot

2 IR Rotatron reinforced boom rotation.

Counterweight, Quantum strut and KIS winch stabilized boom

stable lifts of 13 tons at any boom angle. (Still working to expand that capacity.)

The boom is actually so heavy it rests on a trailer when driving.

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.