No environmental enhancements on linux mint

My problem is:

I have installed various environmental enhancement mods: EVE, Stock visual enhancements, scatterer, Planet shine and Collision FX.

Both planet shine and collision FX are working fine however EVE, Stock visual enhancements and scatterer are not working at all. In the loading screen I see their textures load but in-game I don't see any effects.

I am running linux mint 64 bit I suspect it is a problem with graphics drivers because the same mods worked fine in my windows install.

Thanks to anyone willing to help :D

8 hours ago, Benoit Hage said:

If you go in settings -> system -> details, do you see you the correct graphic card?

If not, you might have to add the backport in your sources.list

Thanks for the reply,

I think that it's the correct device but I'm not sure: I have an GTX980 and it tells me that the graphics card is NVIDIA Corporation Device 13c0, I have also installed the official linux drivers for my card.

Bad news: I tried to read few pages on the net about that graphic card. It seems that because it is still a quite recent card, it is still not fully supported by several Linux OS repositories. But what is clear is that your driver isn't the proper one. I've found several way to install some unofficial driver via the ppa:xorg-edgers. However, this do not seems to be a common solution and I do not dare posting it here as I'm clearly not sure that it would be a solution. I'm afraid this goes beyond my knowledge...

For me, your best bet is to run ksp.exe via Windows. However, if you do not want to wait for 1.1, try some more research about your "Device 13c0" and get ready to backup your system and do some testing.

Just a curiosity: Are you able to change your screen resolution in Mint above 1024x768?

Okay, that's no problem I can still play with over 100 mods and using 5.5 gb of ram :D I'll just have to wait for the 1.1 update for windows for 64 bit to get the enhancements. I'll try an unofficial driver if I achive anything I'll notify to you. Thanks for trying.

Yes I am playing at 1900×1080 without any problems.

One last minor inconvinience I've noticed as you seem to know a lot about linux you might know a easy solution to this. To copy and paste parts you have to Alt+click but this shourtcut is used by linux to drag the window around so that it doesn't work. I've tryed to play in fullscreen but it still didn't work. I've also tryed to change the system/ksp shortcuts but wasn't able to find any way to change the Alt+click thing. If you know a quick solution I would be grateful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.