Grouping similar parts together in a stage

How do I do this? For example I have 12 terrier engines, each was placed individually and all go off at the same stage. Because they were placed individually they each get an icon in the stage, am I able to group all 12 together to show a single icon?

41 minutes ago, Hexlord said:

How do I do this? For example I have 12 terrier engines, each was placed individually and all go off at the same stage. Because they were placed individually they each get an icon in the stage, am I able to group all 12 together to show a single icon?

Nope.  If you place them individually, they'll get individual icons.  The only way to group 'em together is to have them in a symmetry group.

2 hours ago, Reactordrone said:

You can't group them into a single icon but you can drag all the engine icons into the same stage.

I think that's what the OP has already done-- he's got 'em in one stage, he's just not a fan of the icon spam.

@Hexlord, I have to confess, I'm curious... what does your ship look like?  Am trying to picture a design with 12 Terriers.  :)

It's pretty unusual to have that many Terriers-- ships that need that kind of thrust usually go for bigger engines.  For example, if you replaced 'em with three Poodles, you'd get more thrust for less mass and a higher Isp, not to mention lowering your part count (and the number of icons).  No idea if that would fit with your design, though.

I have deleted the ship now, but can explain what it looked like  :)  It had 16 terriers not 12, my bad.

I was going for the 'Mun Crusader Challenge", and my ship was basically a square box with crazy random stuff on it, the outsides were lined with multi-point connectors (5x5x5x5) to form the box shape. And below them were terriers, I chose them so I the landing gear could actually touch the mun, other engines are far too long.

Edited by Hexlord

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.