Back to KSP 0.14.4

Kodiak

Well I managed to get my 0.14.4 KSP version back, I still had it on one of my USB sticks (forgot it because I have 5 sticks and I always copy things to them when arranging my stuff), so I installed that version back on my PC after having lots of trouble with the memory leak bug from version 0.15.2.

Now my version 0.14.4 runs rock solid playing for 6 hours or more WITHOUT a crash or hang in the program!

I currently have 470 parts installed in 0.14.4, using all sort of parts downloaded here at the site.

I have 2 installs, one is 0.14.4 and the other 0.15.2 and I try to exchange parts from my working 0.14.4 version to 0.15.2 but it is clear that the latest version has more crashes and hangs using less parts.

In version 0.15.2 I had crashes or lock ups all the time and never had more than 144 parts installed! I had almost no programs running in the background, just what\'s needed for my Windows 7 32 Home Edition. Not even anti virus, just the things Win7 needs.

I have 4 Gb memory, a Geforce GTX 560Ti (1Gb) and a 260GTX (896Mb) for physics.

Sure I don\'t have Minmus now or the Spaceplane hangar but atleast I can build and launch rockets all the time without trouble!

I\'ll stay for now with version 0.14.4 but I hope they can get that pesky bug out of version 0.15.x or the coming 0.16.x

Anybody has an idea when the next patch or version will be released?

My best regards, Kodiak.

Well I honestly don\'t have a single problem with .15.2. I haven\'t experience any bugs since I downloaded it. The only downside is for some reason, I can\'t right click and deactivate/reactivate engines. But I\'m goooooood.

Only jet engines support that, so it\'s normal if you\'re using rocket engines.

In version 0.15.2 I had crashes or lock ups all the time and never had more than 144 parts installed!

Windows 7 32 Home Edition

I have 4 Gb memory

That\'s similar to my installation (winxp32).

I found that .152 is unstable with more than ~110 parts installed.

Well, here it is not that good. Otherwise I also stayed with 0.15.2

I also noticed if I remove MechJeb 0.15.2 it becomes somewhat more stable.

When loading files I also Alt-F2 and I get a lot of 'out of memory' message to show up there and then it hangs!

0.15.2 seems to eat lots of memory on some systems!

I also installed 0.15.2 on my wife\'s PC and there it seems to run better allthough that PC only has 2Gb memory and Windows XP 32.

(but I cannot play on that one because the wife needs that one to communicate with her family in Asia.)

On my Windows 7 32 PC it is a disaster. It is clear to me that 0.15.2 has a problem (memory leak) with memory somewhere, but up to the devs to fix that.

My best regards, Kodiak.

Win7 with 8GB ram

Presumably 64bit. Which probably explains a lot.

32bit or 64bit?

I also noticed if I remove MechJeb 0.15.2 it becomes somewhat more stable.

mumechlib -can- do weird things to KSP:

I added a top stack node to the mechjeb command pod cfg, the result was a quickly and severely deteriorating framerate when trying to launch anything.

Well maybe that\'s just because you only have 1Gb. Like I said on my wife\'s PC there is only 2Gb and 0.15.2 runs fine (definatly better than on my machine)

On your PC KSP cannot use any more RAM than what you have, I think it goes wrong when KSP has more RAM to its use.

The devs have to work that problem out, it\'s a bug and needs fixing.

My best regards, Kodiak.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.