Planes parts randomly disintegrating

12801337_1012737658793708_43277156003778

This image explains the problem. I was flying a plane near to the Ksc so I could land at the western side of the runway and suddenly my wings start dissapearing. Eventually my plane randomly disintegrated near the shores and I got my kerbal out asap before he died.

Anyone knows what happened?

Edited by Scientia1423

I don't see an image but there is a bug involving "crashing" into various buildings or tanks or other things around the center even though you aren't anywhere near them. I generally experience this after very long flights or reentry.

If you look around you may notice fuel tanks or towers and such around the KSC have exploded inexplicably.

On 3/7/2016 at 4:06 PM, Randazzo said:

I don't see an image but there is a bug involving "crashing" into various buildings or tanks or other things around the center even though you aren't anywhere near them. I generally experience this after very long flights or reentry.

If you look around you may notice fuel tanks or towers and such around the KSC have exploded inexplicably.

Might be problem with physics?

Hi there yes this is the KSC Kraken by the looks of it.  It's a well known bug where your vessel collides into the VAB or other building when it's clearly no where near it but has proved a challenge to identify what the actual route cause is.  Whether this is repeatable or not in your case the best bet is to upload a full bug report and it will be added to the list of other similar ones.  Eventually they will track it down and I know of one mod who will be very pleased when that eventually happens!!

I've heard a solution is restarting KSP and loading the quick save, but I've not tested that.  I just know it happens all the time with my Buran shuttle.

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.