How do i install mods for windows 10?

Bugking

1 hour ago, John FX said:

@Bugking OK, let`s start from basics, do you know how menus work on your computer? please answer yes or no

also what sort of computer is it, apple or microsoft? please answer apple or microsoft

Windows 10 = anything but Rasberry Pi and Apple.

@Bugking By the way you sound are saying things you don't know much about computers. Am I right? (No offence BTW)

1 hour ago, RA3236 said:

Windows 10 = anything but Rasberry Pi and Apple.

@Bugking By the way you sound are saying things you don't know much about computers. Am I right? (No offence BTW)

I think maybe to the point of not being able to be helped...

27 minutes ago, Bugking said:

yeah i dont know much...pretty much nothing infact give me something like a huge comment on what i shuld do and how to do it, if possible

Okay.

Not a very in depth tutorial, but here goes.

Im assuming you know how to browse files with Windows Explorer. First, go to your Internet browser if you don't know where your KSP folder is. At the top right, there should be either three lines or three dots that are in line. Click that and go to "Downloads". Scroll down and find something like KSP_WIN.zip or something like that. I'm sorry but you will most likely not have your save after this. If it is the installer run it and follow the instructions (in the page asking you to select location type in the text box Documents/KSP). If it is the .zip file open it (there should be an open thing on it or click its name) and find KSP.exe. Double click on it and press extract. In the text box type Documents/KSP. Press extract and it should open the new folder. If you have gotten this far then you have successfully found your KSP folder. To find it afterwards open Windows Explorer (the files icon on your task bar) and double click Documents.

Alternatively, if the launcher is on the desktop (find out by moving your mouse to the far bottom right and clicking) click on the file ONCE, then right click, click on Properties and double click on the "Target" box. Press and hold Ctl on your keyboard and while holding Ctl press C. Open windows explorer, find the topmost text box and click on it. Again hold Ctl but this time press V. If there are quotes (") around the text remove them. Press enter.

Now, go to your Downloads on your Internet Browser again and find BDArmory_-.-.-.-.zip. (The dashes representing the numbers). Open it. If there is a folder named BDArmory, right click on it and press copy. If there is a GameData folder, double click on it and copy the folder inside it. Go to your KSP folder and open it. Open GameData, right click on the empty space and press paste. If you did this right you have successfully installed the BD armoury mod.

If you took the first option for finding your KSP folder go to it and open it. Right Click on KSP.exe and press Pin to Taskbar. You should see the icon appear on the bar at the bottom of the screen. Click on it and it will launch the game. Make a save and enjoy!

BTW if this is too complicated I'll make an album for you.

sorry to say but i use windows 10 and i believe i cant do that. heck we could be waisting are time there might not be a way to do it on windows 10...who knows and if so i'll just have to deal with it for now

Edited by Bugking

41 minutes ago, Bugking said:

sorry to say but i use windows 10 and i believe i cant do that. heck we could be waisting are time there might not be a way to do it on windows 10...who knows and if so i'll just have to deal with it for now

*facepalms**cools himself down*

first.. ksp works for all versions of windows. (I have a windows 10 it works too)

second. open up ksp_win folder. if there is a gamedata folder open it and drag and drop the bd armoury from the zip.

(if there is a gamedata folder. do not put the gamedata folder in ksp's gamedata folder.)

third : startup ksp.exe

4: ???

5: profit! bd armory and that is how to install mods!

EDIT: @Bugking windows 10 Is no different from or windows versions. they are 'theratically' the same (I know some might argue that it is different.)

Edited by Joshwoo69

1 hour ago, Joshwoo69 said:

*facepalms**cools himself down*

first.. ksp works for all versions of windows. (I have a windows 10 it works too)

second. open up ksp_win folder. if there is a gamedata folder open it and drag and drop the bd armoury from the zip.

(if there is a gamedata folder. do not put the gamedata folder in ksp's gamedata folder.)

third : startup ksp.exe

4: ???

5: profit! bd armory and that is how to install mods!

EDIT: @Bugking windows 10 Is no different from or windows versions. they are 'theratically' the same (I know some might argue that it is different.)

True, true, you lost me, ". False. Windows 10 is much more confusing than 7.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.