Can't hire any more kerbals

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like you are in career mode. If this is true, you may need to upgrade certain portions of your space complex to increase your available maximums.

Like the astronaut building.

As has been said, upgrade the astronaut building.  However, the easier answer is to rescue them from space.  Even if you don't consider what the contract pays it's cheaper to send a rocket after a Kerbal than recruit one.  (Admittedly, the type you get this way is random.)

4 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

As has been said, upgrade the astronaut building.  However, the easier answer is to rescue them from space.  Even if you don't consider what the contract pays it's cheaper to send a rocket after a Kerbal than recruit one.  (Admittedly, the type you get this way is random.)

You also don't need to upgrade your complex this way. Rescuing Kerbals from orbit is some of the easiest ways to make funds; therefore by the time those contracts no longer show up, I have all the Kerbals my careers will ever need without needing to upgrade my astronaut complex.

1 hour ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

You also don't need to upgrade your complex this way. Rescuing Kerbals from orbit is some of the easiest ways to make funds; therefore by the time those contracts no longer show up, I have all the Kerbals my careers will ever need without needing to upgrade my astronaut complex.

Difficult to rescue Kerbals if you can't EVA, though...

1 hour ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

What I mean is you don't need to upgrade it to level 3. Rescued Kerbals get added on the roster regardless if your astronaut complex can actually support it.

This is good to know.

tbh I'd guessed that this was your meaning but I'm glad you clarified.

On 17/03/2016 at 0:57 AM, kiwi1960 said:

so.... what happened to the ones you did hire.... did you.....kill them?

YOU MONSTER!!!!

:)

It's the alternative interpretation of "No Kerbal left behind".

1 hour ago, Plusck said:

This is good to know.

tbh I'd guessed that this was your meaning but I'm glad you clarified.

It's the alternative interpretation of "No Kerbal left behind".

Just came to mind. I'm pretty sure you can still rescue Kerbals without EVA by using the claw to either pull them off from orbit, or use the crew transfer feature feature when you're connected. Not completely sure you can do crew transfers with the claw, but I'm pretty sure it can do everything a docking port can.

3 hours ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

Just came to mind. I'm pretty sure you can still rescue Kerbals without EVA by using the claw to either pull them off from orbit, or use the crew transfer feature feature when you're connected. Not completely sure you can do crew transfers with the claw, but I'm pretty sure it can do everything a docking port can.

Can't remember for the "going through docking claw" bit (clawed ships are basically non-controllable, so maybe not).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.