The R2 has landed! Twice!

ramses

It\'s been a long time coming but finally success! Not only have my boy\'s landed safely on the Mun, but my next crew headed straight out to Minmus and also pulled it off! Stock parts only!! ;D

I\'ve left them there to soak it up for a while and shall attempt a return soon, although I\'m concerned that Jeb\'s crew on the Mun don\'t have the fuel to do so. If that\'s the case then it\'s rescue mission time.

Can anyone tell me how to take a screen shot and save it so I can put it in the history books and maybe post it on here?

Cheers

Screenshot hotkey is F1. These will go into your KSP/screenshots folder and you can take as many as you want.

As per the return, you might be suprised at how little it takes. If you are on the antiorbital side of the mun, lifting off at 500m/s will drop you to a periapsis within kerbals atmosphere, at which point you only need a whisper of fuel to slow to a safe landing, or alternatively a parachute.

F1 for some reason didn\'t work so just changed settings for screenshot to p.

Just hada devastating thing happen to the crew on Minmus though. :\'(

Was time accelerating to get a day time shot when all of a sudden their ship toppled and exploded???

Any ideas??

Glad to say they survived and are now awaiting rescue.

With the ship falling over and exploding, I believe its some bug with the terrain colliders or whatever, I had something like that happen to some of my craft on the mun and min where it would just fall over and explode..or just explode, I believe 0.16 will fix this?:3

The Tipping thing can happen sometimes if you slide a little over time. Or something breaking over time. There are changes with the next expansion coming however. With the up scaling for eva, it will improve collision mechanics and is supposed to help improve stability.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.