Resource Mining in UKS(Other Than Karbonite)

7 hours ago, scotchleaf said:

So, I've been playing with this mod for some time now, I know how to scan and mine for Karbonite, but i've never figured out how to scan with the Orbital survey camera for water, metal ore etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

i'm not UKS player,but i'm sure you can scan for resources with stock Orbital Scanner.

1 hour ago, scotchleaf said:

I guess I have to land the smaller one with a rover?

Well,no need for that,just put your vessel,with orbital scanner in polar orbit with appropriate height around celestial bodie and you can start scanning.You will also had to have an antena on yor craft.
:)(if you click on orbital scanner text it will link you to wiki page with all the info):0.0:

14 hours ago, scotchleaf said:

So, I've been playing with this mod for some time now, I know how to scan and mine for Karbonite, but i've never figured out how to scan with the Orbital survey camera for water, metal ore etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

It works like this...

It used to be (and maybe still is) that UKS came with its own orbital scanning and ground-scanning parts (same as in Karbonite IIRC) that looked for UKS resources.  This was because UKS came out before stock resources.  Anyway, It worked more like SCANsat than the stock Ore parts.  It might be that now, however, UKS uses ModuleManager to use the stock parts.  I don't know--haven't messed with it in a while.

Regardless of the part used, once you do the orbital survey, hit the tab in the map view to bring up the resource overlay for the planet.  This will now have a way to cycle through all the various resources, not just Ore.  Same with the little map on the NBS.

Another option is to use the SCANsat mod.  This definitely adds the ability to see UKS resources to the stock parts via ModuleManager.  In addition, you can use settings in SCANsat to totally change the way you look for resources.  See the OP in the SCANsat thread for details but in a nutshell, you can disable stock scanning mechanics and get much more detailed info from orbit than you can using the stock mechanics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.