Why are people always ignoring science and making crazy conspiracies?

KAL 9000

I guess the brain needs to understand and make sense of the data it receives. So even with very little data it tries to connect the dots and you end up with those theories. Add feelings/ hopes / wishful thinking/ personnal interests in the mix and it's a mess. 

Edited by Nookos

First find where and when words "conspiracy theory" were used for the first time.

Second... science doesn't bring evidence any more, in times when science was based on evidence nobody refused it, but now it is only matter of belief and interpretation.
We still have no idea what is:
- time
- mass
- does speed of light is constant
- what is definition of species

We are using time in every aspect of our life not only in science. Science is using mass everywhere, yet nobody knows what is it. No evidence that on Moon speed of light is same as on Earth. We belief in evolution that is based on unfinished concept of species.

16 minutes ago, Nookos said:

I guess the brain needs to understand and make sense of the data it receives. So even with very little data it tries to connect the dots and you end up with those theories. Add feelings/ hopes / wishful thinking/ personnal interests in the mix and it's a mess. 

I think the post above mine demonstrates your point perfectly: too little data, therefore "science doesn't bring evidence anymore".

Even beyond that, there's the problem with convincing someone they're wrong. In most cases, putting up a valid defense of your position only causes the other to double down. No one likes admitting they're wrong, and absolutely no one likes being FORCED to admit they were wrong.

18 minutes ago, Darnok said:

First find where and when words "conspiracy theory" were used for the first time.

Second... science doesn't bring evidence any more, in times when science was based on evidence nobody refused it, but now it is only matter of belief and interpretation.
We still have no idea what is:
- time
- mass
- does speed of light is constant
- what is definition of species

We are using time in every aspect of our life not only in science. Science is using mass everywhere, yet nobody knows what is it. No evidence that on Moon speed of light is same as on Earth. We belief in evolution that is based on unfinished concept of species.

...good lord.