Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

Interesting. Did anyone catch the video of the LAS engine test above before it was taken down? At the beginning and end it said something like Property of the Department of Defense. Not to be released to foreign nationals, and now it's gone and the entire article has been taken down and rewritten.

Do I need a space lawyer? Pecan, who do I call when smiling but alert jackbooted thugs kick my door down and drag me away kicking and screaming?? :)

Sometime in late 2013. Hasn't happened yet, though :P

And SpaceX is still not publishing any exact dates, only hopes and dreams (currently "hoping" for late March/early April). In other words: we will know for sure after it was performed, but until then it's sort of moot to talk about it.

This information isn't explicitly new. It's been hinted at over the past few months by SpaceX's COO and several other individuals IIRC. Nice to have confirmation, however.

Spaceport America set for SpaceX reusability testing

SpaceX’s reusability aspirations will receive further testing at Spaceport America, in the shape of the first successfully recovered Falcon 9 first stage. The New Mexico spaceport will host the recovered booster – potentially the core stage from the upcoming CRS-6 mission, if recovered – for an additional flight to find hardware limits, paving the way for the first full reuse of a stage during a future launch in 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread over this so I guess I'll bump this one: next recovery attempt is on CRS-6, right? The one scheduled for 10th of April?

Is it hype time now?

The pegs were added after landing for transport. The little holes with labels are pieces that were sampled from the heatshield for analysis. The scortch make in the middle look like places where the outer layer was completely ablated away.